Naps

Alexas Mommy

Reaction score
I was just talking to my friend, who has an 11 month old, and I asked her about her naps-she said her LO has 2 naps a day, and that is it-Alexa has a nap every two hours for example-nap at 2, get up at 3:30, then nap again at 5:30-is that too much napping? Is this why I have a problem with her going to sleep late at night? Justg wondering if I should cut out a few naps. Please tell me what you do for naps for your 6-12 month old! Thanks! :hug:

When Dec was at that age he was taking 2, 1 hour naps, 1 in the morning and one in the afternoon. Napping every 2 hours at her age is quite a lot, but some babies need more sleep than others. I would try and stop her napping after 4pm then she may go down earlier, this is when Dec would have his last nap 3-4pm and he was always ready for bed by 7.30pm. Good luck xx

Yea i agree with sabby, definatly try cutting her sleep and see how she is , Paige is just over 12 months and she tends to have hour about half ten then has 2hr sleep in the afternoon about 2. She would sleep longer if i left her!! lol

Give it a try, no harm x

Yea i agree with sabby, definatly try cutting her sleep and see how she is , Paige is just over 12 months and she tends to have hour about half ten then has 2hr sleep in the afternoon about 2. She would sleep longer if i left her!! lol

Give it a try, no harm x

When Dec was at that age he was taking 2, 1 hour naps, 1 in the morning and one in the afternoon. Napping every 2 hours at her age is quite a lot, but some babies need more sleep than others. I would try and stop her napping after 4pm then she may go down earlier, this is when Dec would have his last nap 3-4pm and he was always ready for bed by 7.30pm. Good luck xx

Thanks so much :) See the reason I figured every two hours, is because that is what my foster parents told me to do-and they do it when they babysit my foster sisterss 14 month old... Today she got up at 11, and hasn't napped yet, and is getting tired and cranky but i will try to get her on a better napping schedule :hugs:

A foster ffamily I baby sit for sometimes has 2 boys who are about 15 months... And they have one longish nap for 2-3 hours and go to bed around 7.

Katie is 8 months and she sleep for about 45 minutes around 11am and then about an hour or an hour and a half around 3.30pm. If everything goes according to plan!

I wouldnt worry hun it all depends , Ella usually has 2 2 hour naps or a 3 hour nap. or little naps spread out in the day!

Depending on teething, if we are busy , in the car ect :)

Erin seems to be the same as Alexa - she can only stay awake for about 2 hours and then needs a sleep. Erin is a great sleeper which I am happy about. She gets up at 8.00am, naps at 10.00 til 12.00, then again 2.00 til 4.30pm, then bed at 7.00pm. She sleeps straight through til 8.00am next morning. xx

Erin seems to be the same as Alexa - she can only stay awake for about 2 hours and then needs a sleep. Erin is a great sleeper which I am happy about. She gets up at 8.00am, naps at 10.00 til 12.00, then again 2.00 til 4.30pm, then bed at 7.00pm. She sleeps straight through til 8.00am next morning. xx

It's not that Alexa can't stay awake for more than 2 hours-she can-she is just very used to the routine of a nap every two hours I have given her-thinking that was what I was supposed to be doing :dohh: She stayed awake for 6 hours without a nap today, and she fell asleep on her own too-so I think this may also be the reason she never could fall asleep on her own-because she was not tired enough to drift away!

Colton used to nap about twice a day at her age. Two one hour naps.
Now he takes one nap, wakes 8am. Nap is usually 12.30 until 2.30-3pm. Then he is up until 9/10pm at bed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->