Nasty neighbours cat

B

babyfenway

Hello ladies, looking for some advice!!! My neighbours cat keeps coming into our garden, wasn't a problem until we started letting our kitten out. Everytime my neighbours car sees mine, he jumps over the fence (usually he's sat on it) and attacks our kitten. It's got so bad that we had to take her to the vets today to get an abscess burst. I felt so awful, and was convinced the vet was going to call the RSPCA ( I think that was pregnancy hormones :haha:) I got so upset in the vets office but she was lovely and understood I was doing my best to look after her. There have been times when I have poured buckets of water over them and they don't stop. My kitten is a girl cat and the other is a Tom, but she has been done and was before we let her out.

I have spoken to my neighbour but he refuses to keep his cat indoors. The lady on the other side of me told me that a lady down the roads cat was attacked a week or so ago and ended up in the vets too. As far as we know, mine, my neighbours and this other ladies cat are the only cats on the road (my neighbour is one of these people who knows everything about her neighbours :haha: ).

What do I do??? I don't really want to keep her in permanently but I might have too.

Wow that's really sad that he keeps attacking your cat, it is most likely because he think it,s his territory and male cats are very defensive (since you know, he used to go there and not be bothered)
Now there is another kitten intruding his space and he attacks :(

I would keep her in at least for the moment, until she gets bigger. I know there are cats reppellents too, but then I don't know if there is some male only ones... (you don't want your kitty scared away) Maybe use them for awhile and keep kitty in until the other cats keeps coming and then use only on the edges of your garden, and let you kitty out.

Try a supersoaker, iv got 2 cats and if either were causing such troubble id totaly understand your problem but id also not want to keep my cat indoors if you know what i mean? Cats do fight but you deff dont want you kitten getting hurt. I think you can order airasol (sp?) cans filled with air which let off a loud hiss that might scare him away?

I would keep her inside till shes a little bigger, hopefully by then he'll be scared off. Or ring RSPC see if theres anything your neighbour can be made to do..

Buy some garlic powder and sprinkle it around your border.

Cat's can't stand it and it will keep yours on one side and your neighbours on the other side. :thumbup:

We have a petporte catflap which only lets our cats in and out by recognising the chips in the necks. Would def recommend.

We had a similar problem with our neighbours cat (one of those tiger ones and a tom). It was coming in and spraying and terrorising our cats. So we trapped it in one day and beat it with a croquet bat and it hasnt been back since (that didn't really happen).

I agree with the garlic........or i think you can also buy lion poo or something to spread about to keep the moggy away. Or all else fails, get some of those angled fence things that businesses put along their fences, that will stop the Tom jumping the fence (well it will after he does it once).

He has probably decided it is all HIS territory and peed everywhere.......................hmm, wonder if maybe spreading your pee about would have same effect?

Thank you for the help ladies. Before I could try any of your suggestions the cat came back in and attacked my kitten again. My OH managed to capture it, and we had to call the RSPCA who came round to speak to our neighbour. We gave the cat to the lady at the RSPCA to do whatever she felt fit (by this I mean take it to the animal shelter or give it back to our neighbour). We haven't seen the cat since, so we can only assume the problem has disappeared for now.

I have brought a water pistol and will try the garlic trick just in case though. Thank you!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->