Natal Hypnotheraphy

mons75

Reaction score
For those of you who have used this in labour, how did you do it? Did you listen the the birth preparation sequence? Did you listen to the music only part? Or what did you do?

I have the Birth preparation part and I find it super realxing but I'm unsure of how to use it in labour...

Any experiences are welcome, thanks! :flower:

I used this last time and I think I used the sequence and the music during labour - just kind of alternatively and then I had some other relaxing music on - like stuff for meditating that I got off iTunes.

Hi

I used Natal Hypnotherapy with my DD2 and found it absolutely fantastic :thumbup: I copied all the cds onto my iphone so I could use them at bedtime.

I listened to the pregnancy relaxation cd 3 x a week until 30 weeks then listened to the birth preparation cd from 30 weeks onwards. I listened to the birth prep cd 3-4 times a week until about 38 weeks then every night from then on. Each time I listened to the tracks I had some lavender on a hankerchief next to me which I inhaled throughout.

When I went into labour I had the birth music cd to listen to but I didn't put it on until the last hour and a half of labour. I used the 3-2-1-RELAX mantra in my own head throughout labour, before I put the cd on and afterwards. I also visualised sitting at the bottom of an oak tree with the sun shining down on me, visualising the trees swaying in time with my deep breathing.

I wholeheartedly believe the hypnotherapy helped me have the most amazing experience of my life - homebirthing my beautiful DD2 with no pain relief at all, calmly and serenly (sp?).

You can read my birth story if you click the link below :flower:

HTH

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back