Natalie Grace is here 3 weeks early! 2/15/11

Chantibug

(almost) mother of 3 !
Reaction score
BACKGROUND: we had some issues at 36 weeks where there was low AFI (amniotic fluid index) and were referred to a perinatologist, who said I can't go to 40 weeks and he would like ot get me to 38 if possible. I had to have biweekly NSTs scheduled.

I went ot my first NST on Monday, 2/14, and the dr. did not like what he was seeing (didnt even ask.), so he examined me and I was not dilated or anything, but he wanted to consult with his partner. They decided to induce me that night. I was shocked, as I had just told my boss "see ya after my appointment!" .. So I had 2 hours to get to the hospital from there. I had to go get my husband from work and pick up the kids from school and daycare. We took them to my mom's house and told them they would come visit in the hospital after she was born.
We got to the hospital and registered by about 530 pm. We had to wait for a bed, but when we got it it was a nice room (really big!). The dr. came in and started me on Cervadil to soften my cervix around 7pm. At 9 I was able to eat (first time since noon!). I went to sleep around midnight - asked for an Ambien but ended up falling asleep on my own before I got the medicine.
At 2am I woke up with some mild contractions and was excited things were starting to happen. I went to the bathroom and since the contractions hurt a bit I stayed awake and watched TV until about 4am. Then I woke DH up with my breathing through the contractions. No one came in which was nice , the staff let us rest. At 5am someone came in to get my IV in place with fluids for the pitocin that they would start soon. They also checked my cervix, and I was so upset when they said I was at 1 CM! After all those painful contractions !! Oh well, at 6 they removed the Cervadil and started the pitocin. At about 7:30 my OB came in and said I was at 3cm. Ok, progress!I couldn't take the pain and asked for Stadol.. it helped a bunch! My mom came up to visit briefly around 9am. I was still at 3cm, but the contractions were HORRIBLE. I've had 2 natural labors and was not in this pain at this point! So OB came in and broke my water around 9:30am. There wasn't much there, which we knew anyway. Got up to use the bathroom a few times and did have a BM during one time. My mom left around 10:30 and I was in excruciating pain by this point. I was checked and only at 4. Ugh. I said screw it, I need the epidural, and asked for it. Glad I did! It took another 30 minutes to get it, and as soon as it was in I was checked and at 5.. things were moving fast now.. I mean FAST. I got the catheter in as soon as i was numb, and decided i should nap while I could. I laid on my left side and dozed off for about 20- 30 minutes.I was checked and at 7CM. I remember resting a bit more, then they asked if I felt pressure and I said "no, not yet" but insisted on checking me anyway. I was at 10cm! It was around 11:35 ish by now. They got me all ready and OB had DH come see her head. He said probably 2 pushes and she'd be out. . Well, I couldnt feel myself pushing, so he had me grab on to a towel and pull myself towards him.. it worked and she was born at 11:59AM !

Natalie Grace weighed 6lbs, 11oz at birth and was 19.5in. long.
She had to go straight to the nursery because of a low temperature and low blood sugar. She also had to lay under the lights for phototherapy for being jaundiced. She was 20 days early.

We're adjusting to having 3 kids now, so I def. wont be on here often anymore... but i will pop in from time to time ! I'm recovering from a tubal ligation, which is a worse recovery than birth... ugh. .

and i would love to post pics but i cant because you have to post a URL and i dont have them hosted anywhere... ill just make my profile pic of her...

she is adorable...speedy recovery to you hun! Congrats again

Hun she is beautiful! Well done you!

You have convinced me to kick ass at my appointment on tuesday - my afl has been between 1.1 and 2 (i was first told at 4d scan in december but my official scans confirmed it for 3 weeks running and i keep getting fobbed off by docs). Thanks for sharing your story xx

congrats she is beautiful x

Congrats Chantel! She is adorable!

Hun she is beautiful! Well done you!

You have convinced me to kick ass at my appointment on tuesday - my afl has been between 1.1 and 2 (i was first told at 4d scan in december but my official scans confirmed it for 3 weeks running and i keep getting fobbed off by docs). Thanks for sharing your story xx

Oh my gosh!! Have they mentioned any plan for the low fluid for you?? That's scarily low! Did they do a biophysical yet? If not, I would ask for one to make sure your LO is doing well in there. Good luck and best wishes hun!!! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->