Nativity

CaptainMummy

Reaction score
Is your child/children in a school/nursery show this year? Please share!

Hannah is doing a Christmas carol concert at nursery. Her group is doing a snowman song and dressing up as snowmen she said they tried on the costumes today and apparently they are ''so hilarious!" So I can't wait to see them.

Dd1&2 are in their full school show "Straw and order". Dd1 says she is a guard, Im not entirely sure what that entails but thats what she says lol
Dd2 is an inkeeper. She has half a dozen lines to say (and act!) which could be interesting hopefully it doesn't go TOO wrong!

At my boys school of KS1 do a show at Christmas so I only have 1 doing anything this year. I was surprised to find that they have given year R parts as usually year R stand to the side and sing while year 1 and 2 do the acting but ds4 is has a part and is a shepherd. Mil bought his costume today which came with a little lamb and a crook

At my kids school all of the years do performances! reception on their own, then 1/2, 3/4 etc.
Harvey is yr 1 and is a donkey this year (doing a typical nativity)
Morgan is yr 4 they arnt doing a typical nativity they are doing a play about the end of world war 1 (has been their topic the past few weeks) he is a dad of a family who’s soldier comes home. He has quite a few lines actually, he’s usually a narrator!

My DD is an angel in hers and will be playing the triangle :)

DD1 is doing a performance but have no idea what it is, she came home asking me to find the knock knock song but everything I found wasn't the right one.

DD2 pre school always do a little nativity with some singing but aren't given parts as some children don't want to do it/get upset. They have loads of random costumes so who knows what DD2 will be. It's her last year and she's the eldest sooo maybe Mary ha ha.

Oh these are so lovely!

Our school is having a show this year called the magical christmas journey. DD1 P3 has a couple of lines and a song. And DD2 in p1 has progressed from a donkey last year to an angel this year lol and her class are doing a song aswell ! No idea what it entails but it mentioned mince pie and cup of tea \\:D/

Kinda hoping we get to take pictures this year as last year the head was running about telling us off for taking pictures

X

DD1 is being a star this year in her school nativity . Shes been singing all the songs

Oh these are so lovely!

Our school is having a show this year called the magical christmas journey. DD1 P3 has a couple of lines and a song. And DD2 in p1 has progressed from a donkey last year to an angel this year lol and her class are doing a song aswell ! No idea what it entails but it mentioned mince pie and cup of tea \\:D/

Kinda hoping we get to take pictures this year as last year the head was running about telling us off for taking pictures

X

My girls are p4 and p1 We are allowed to take photos, but they just tell us not to post them on social media (not that alot of people listen, right enough)

Last edited:
My son is in Year R and he is a Star and he has been singing all the songs :cloud9:

My daughter is in pre-school and they are doing a concert and she has been singing her songs

I cannot wait to see them both perform :cloud9:

My girls are p4 and p1 We are allowed to take photos, but they just tell us not to post them on social media (not that alot of people listen, right enough)

We’re not allowed photos. Was fine at nursery as you say no posting to social media unless it’s only your child visible.
But their school is flat out no. Your only allowed to take a photo at the end of them in their costume. I do understand why they say no photos though so it’s just one of those things.

We are lucky at DD's school. We are allowed to take photos as long as they are not posted onto social media

We also get told no social media...although I wouldn't would post on Facebook anyway.

Not sure about new school though. They said we can buy a photo from the PTA so maybe they're doing that to raise money lol

My kids school is only 60 kids across 7 year groups so the whole school is involved.

DS1 (year 2) is an innkeeper with 3 lines
DS2 (year r) is a Shepard with 4 lines

It’s a church school so very traditional and also being a village school we use one of the governors barn where mary rides a real donkey.

That sounds awesome. Ours is a little village school too, but we don't get anything cool like that happen. Some plays they literally have less than 10 parts and the others in ks1 at the side singing.

My littler two are in the school nativity, it's KS1 only, first year DS won't be in it :cry:. DD1 is a Shephard (half her class are shepherds, half are sheep) and DD2's class are stars. Can't wait!

I'm really looking forward to watching the christmas concerts this year.
Scarlett is in nursery, she has to go dressed in her pyjamas, she's been singing a few songs at home, and a few weeks ago we were listening to the Christmas cd in the car when 'Mary's Boy Child Jesus Christ' came on, she says "me sing that in school mummy" she knows quite a bit of it now!
Alex is in year 2, they are doing 'a King is born' he is a roman soldier, he has 2 words to say.
We've always been allowed to take photos as long as we don't post them on social media.

DD1s nativity was lovely . I as always got emotional when I seen her little face singing all the songs ! We got to video and take pictures which was great not to be posted on social media.

I understand the whole safe guarding of children and how important that is, but then I get frustrated because as parents we want these special moments to show our kids when they are older . It’s a difficult situation for school and parent

Ds4 is doing his tomorrow. He's quite excited. Unfortunately MIL won't go to the grandparents showing so we are hoping that the school might let DH sneak in the back just so he has someone there

DD is doing hers tomorrow. I just hope she is feeing a bit better as she's been off school with a chest infection today :(

DD2 had hers today. Nursery didn't do an actual Nativity scene though (previous years were too hard apparently) so they sang some songs in relation and in time scales to the scene. It was so cute to watch. Her facial expressions when she sings are hilarious.

DD1 has hers this Wednesday. Normally they narrate the year below, but instead they're doing their own this this year which is great. She hasn't told me what it's about but she been secretly practicing a few lines from a poem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->