Natural birth 2nd time round.

Beaney192

Mummy of 2
Reaction score
Hi ladies, just curious if there is anyone that for the first birth used pain relief and 2nd time round managed to do it naturally? I would love to try a water birth this time but was induced last time with pain relief and im not sure I will be able to cope without pain relief. The thoughts are scaring me.

I am in the same boat as you. I was induced with my first, so I have no clue what to expect with the natural birth I want. I've always heard that pitocin contractions are so much worse, so that leaves me hopeful.

I'll post my birth story when it happens and I will let you know how it goes!

I'm keen on knowing as well how things go. I want my experience to be as natural one but if things don't go my way that's alright too but I want to at least try. I want to know if I can do this.

Well I can tell you, my first pregnancy I developed pre eclampsia and was induced at 39+2 and had gas and air, pethadine and 2 epi's but 1st one didn't work and 2nd one by the time I layed back down I was 10cm so didn't actually have a full dose, he gave me a tiny dose to get me over the next hour, by the time I was pushing I could feel everything. This time however I went into labour naturally after a sweep at 39+1 and had the most amazing totally drug free natural home water birth anyone could ever wish for. I was out shopping when my waters went at 10.30am, continued to shop with very very mild contractions every so often and a big gush of water, I got home around 2.30. Contractions picked up at 4.30 and where 3 mins apart for 1 min. I called midwife who arrived at 5.50pm and my little man was born at 6.15pm!! Midwives were both gone by 8.15 and we ordered a takeaway!! It was the best experience of me life and if I am ever lucky enough to have another pregnancy (working on my oh) then I wouldn't hesitate to have a natural one again!! It was perfect. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->