natural births at hospital! support needed!

Great stories!!!!!!!

hows everyone doing on their research? Im looking into a tens machine! had anyone every used one for labor?

beautiful story mumtobe!! :) I love reading positive stories like yours! Good job sticking to your guns and getting checked. I've heard that often the midwives and doctors don't believe how far along a woman is if she's remaining calm.

All I can say is good luck! Births and "natural" rarely go in the same sentence is hospitals anymore. My SIL went in wanting a completely natural birth, talked to the doctors about it beforehand, she was told by others to be very firm with doctors and nurses when they wanted her to do this, that, etc. When one of the nurses confirmed if she would want an epidural and SIL said no, the nurse responded, "Oh, we can change that!" Unfortunately she ended up getting induced, getting an epidural AND an episiotomy (which they didn't even tell her they were doing, nor did they ask). Afterwards she felt very bad about the birth not going the way it was planned.

I'm not trying to scare you, but I would look into other alternatives if you are REALLY wanting a natural birth. For example, real birthing centers (not "birthing centers" in hospitals) really focus on natural birth. Most don't even have epidurals available to give. Also I would consider a homebirth as well. I want a natural birth, epidurals and IVs don't even register in my mind as an option, and I considered hospital birth, but I (and my DH!) feared that the entire time I would be like, yelling at doctors and nurses about what I do, and don't want lol. And oh lawd, suing their butts for cutting my vajayjay open without even asking me, I mean what is that??

Anyway, good luck!!

part of this happened to me! I was cut without anyone informing or ASKING. My dr could not make the birth and another dr, whom I have never met, just went in and started cutting. At that time my epidural was not working anymore and I could feel him slicing away. It was very painful! :growlmad: Having an episiotomy was the worst part of labor and recovery. I could't sit properly for a month!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->