Natural Fertility Supplement Help

NavyLadybug

Mom to Magnus & Lyle
Reaction score
I'm considering several supplements to boost my fertility (I suffer from PCOS) and balance everything out while DH is away and I was wondering if any of your lovely ladies have taken them as well as a few questions.

Supplements I'm Considering:

Royal Jelly
Maca Root
Vitex (Chaste Berry)
Spearmint Tea

What dose is recommended for Royal Jelly and Vitex and how many cups of Spearmint Tea? I know Maca is 3000mg at max.

Has anyone with PCOS taken these, mainly the Royal Jelly, and seen good results with them? Royal Jelly is said to contain/raise testosterone, which because of my PCOS I produce to much of so I'm wary about it.

Are there any of these you definitely recommend or don't?

Any other supplements that you recommend but I missed?

Hi Navy - I don't have PCOS so I'm sure others who suffer from this condition will chime in, but I wanted to recommend this book which I read: https://www.amazon.com/It-Starts-Egg-Naturally-Miscarriage/dp/0991126904

It talks about some very helpful supplements, including ones for PCOS (one is called Myo-Insotol, I think). Also, she discusses why Royal Jelly might do more harm than good.

I do take Vitex, and I take about 300 mg per day. I like the Femaprin supplement because it has B-vitamins as well.

Good luck!

Royal jelly does not contain testosterone, there are sites saying it can slightly raise testosterone in men, but in women it raises estrogen and is very good for fertility.

Thank you both for you imput! :thumbup:

I definitely want to check out that book as well!

I recommend cinnamon and apple cider vinegar

https://www.top10homeremedies.com/home-remedies/home-remedies-polycystic-ovary-syndrome-pcos.html
https://www.ovarian-cysts-pcos.com/pcos-diet-vinegar.html

Raw honey is good to take with cinnamon as well and is helpful too

I don't know much about vitex so can't advise on this.
I would add raspberry leaf tea up until ovulation because it helps tone your uterus and thicken your uterine lining.
I would also add in B complex and extra B6, evening primrose oil (these help balance hormones and EPO helps encourage fertile cm but make sure you check any combination are safe to take together as some things will potentially interact).
Also snack on things like Brazil nuts, walnuts, almonds and peanuts (go easy on Brazil nuts as they're hugely high in selenium, so no more than 5 daily during your luteal phase).
Make sure you're eating a good source of protein and plenty of veggies, especially the leafy green kind.
Try to get as much of your vitamin and mineral intake through your diet as possible as supplements aren't easily absorbed and you'll lose most of it this way. You could opt for liquid prenatals as they're easier on you.
CoQ10 helps promote good egg health, make sure if you take this, to take it with something fatty as it absorbs best this way, and avoid tablets opting for capsules instead.
There are fertility teas you can buy which contain things like raspberry leaf, red clover, nettle and peppermint which are good for your uterus and promote good blood flow.
Acupuncture is said to be excellent for fertility, I have had it done for anxiety and it really helped for this, so I don't see any reason why it wouldn't help in other ways too.
Exercise - not too much because you don't want to cause stress on your body, and you don't want to lower your body fat levels too much, but walking is good, swimming, and there's fertility yoga you could try too.
I have read about soy isoflavones which are meant to be good, but you can't take these and vitex together.
Pineapple core contains bromelain which is said to contain enzymes to help implantation and stop our body trying to prevent it.
Also pomegranate juice is meant to help thicken lining which is always helpful.

I think that's all I can think of at the moment, but make sure you check for any interactions with these

These are what I’m taking (including the Vitex at the bottom) along with a prenatal vitamin and extra folic acid :thumbup:

Attachments

• 75850298-5B1D-40CC-AA7A-FA989588C68C.jpg
    75850298-5B1D-40CC-AA7A-FA989588C68C.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 1
https://natural-fertility-info.com/fertility-therapies

I found information on doses and use here

I just started taking Fertility Blend which contains Vitex in it. I've read a lot of good reviews online so thought I'd give it a try. Supposedly I have low progesterone so seeing if this will help balance out my hormones & help me to conceive. It says 1080mg and lists these three things under the "proprietary blend" section of the ingredients (L-Arginine, Green Tea, Chasteberry *Vitex*) so not exactly sure how much Vitex is really in it. Maybe something you could look into as well..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->