natural head cold remedies?

Alexas Mommy

Reaction score
i have an awful head cold-the runny nose, stuffy head ache, sore throat, and the whole feeling awful. i have tried chicken soup, gargling salt water and halls. doesnt seem to be working well. i am drained. i would love to sip some neo citron, but dont think i can because of bfing. does anyone know anything that works, and is safe for a bfing mom? thanks! xoxo

I always find if i have a headcold, or anything like that, i drink a nice cup of honey and lemon...fresh! And it works. I think your allowed that??

Im feeling the exact same and was just about to post and ask the if any one new what i could take. I just want to go home and curl up on the couch with a duvet. :hug:

Steamy bathroom
I was going to say that!

My mom used to boil the kettle, have us lean into it, with a towel over our head to breath in all of the steam, really makes all of that yucky stuff come out.

Mmmm wonder how my mom's tea tasted after us leaning over her kettle. Might be a good idea to wash the kettle before you use it again. :rofl:

Echinacea drops three times a day. Build up immune system and can be used by breastfeeding mothers.Might build up baby's immune system too!
Multivitamins.
A bowl of boiling hot water with a teaspoon of vicks placed into it and put your head over it covered with a towel.
A nice bed with a trashy magazine and choccies.
Get well soon!!!

Star anise tea is the best stuff. I got my neighbour convinced as well as my OH. You can buy star anise in any spice section of the grocery store. Just take a few stars and boil it in water on the stove for a few minutes. Drink it with honey. Do this a few times a day.

And if you are very congested, you can use this remedy that works like a charm.

1 whole red chili
Peel a small ginger root
5 cloves of garlic

Boil everything for 10 minutes and drink it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->