• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Natural Induction

krulci

Reaction score
For a long list and variety of reasons, I've been attempting to stimulate active labor (stuck in prodromal bouts). So far I've attempted sex, stairs (though not for a long duration - that's coming!), squats, scrubbing the floor on all fours for a few hours, several cups of RRLT a day, acupressure, meditation... There's more, I'm sure.

Any brilliant suggestions? I would love to deliver in the next few days, especially where I was at 3cm and 100% effaced at my appt last week. I'll take any and all crazy tricks you've heard work!

I was considering an 'induction massage' when I was overdue. I ended going into labour before but she said it had worked for several of her clients.

You're not due for two weeks! If baby isn't ready then wait. An early baby, even two weeks early, can have real problems. My little boy was born at 38 weeks and was badly jaundiced and wouldn't eat/couldn't latch and has health issues.

Are there medical reasons why you can't go overdue?

I went overdue last time and was induced because of that. I know you never have to agree to an induction, but still, I'd prefer not to go overdue this time so I won't even have to have that discussion. My midwife agrees that the induction was likely the reason for my first birth going slightly wonky, so she'll be giving me massage, acupuncture and try aromatherapy from 37 weeks this time.

Of course, 37 weeks isn't quite full term, but these methods only work if you're about to go into labour anyway, they just help things along a little bit. I'd stay away from castor oil at all costs though.

I was concerned about going overdue, so I tried EPO, RRLT, pineapple, and lots of yoga. Still went overdue by a week, but my baby was not too big (less than 8 lbs). I think the stuff I took that softens the cervix helped the most since I was maybe 1cm dialated, but my cervix was soft enough for a sweep. The sweep is what finally got labor going for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->