natural materials to treat eczma

mickey

Reaction score
hi guys, just wondering 'bout your experiences :hi:

they say you should use pure cotton only for clothes if baby suffers from eczma. so, I assume anything out of natural material will be good for baby's skin.

I was thinking of buying a cot matress out of natural material and also replace all the bedding stuff and anything else of clothes what contains synthetics (difficult to find a snowsuit though!!!)

anybody has shopping recommendations and experience, if that helps?

I personally found with my own daughter(now 10) that it helped just making sure the clothes that touch directly on to her skin ie bodysuits/ sleepsuits were 100% cotton xx

What helps with my DDs excema is not using ANY products. No bubble bath, no babywash, no soap etc etc. Only using tesco non bio (Persil brings her up), no fabric conditioner, limited sunscreen (I cover her up in long sleeved stuff or have to use it and she suffers :( ), only tesco sensitive baby wipes (Johnsons, Huggies and Pampers give her TERRIBLE excema on her bum), limited citrus etc. She may be sensitive to foods you're eating that are passing through your milk, so might be worth seeing if it flares up if you've been eating something? DD only got bad when she changed to formula at 10 months. When we go on hols the change of water and weather affect it quite badly aswell (plus having to use suncream).

I also use tesco non bio for washing and find it good for skin.

I don't drink orange juice/ squash as orange affects my DS with eczema so whilst bf I stop all orange drinks and orange flavoured products.

I agree with Kina about soap products even emolliants from GP make DD2 skin very dry.

100% cotton best.

Also children with eczema tend to get a lot warmer @ night DS often takes of his jama top during the night in winter and in summer sleeps in underpants and no duvet, so try and make sure she doesn't get too warm @ night.

Only sun screen I found that didn't aggrevate DS skin was an aloe vera based one from health food shop. E45 do one too but its really thick and smells bad!

I realised that towards bedtime her body gets very warm!

yesterday night I even had to cool her down in front of the open window as she could not go to sleep 'cos she felt too hot!

as well at night we cover her as less as possible!

the area most badly affected is the part below her chin were all the drooling during the day gets collected!

thx guys so far :hi:

I appreciate any tip :hugs:

oat baths.... it sounds odd but its the only thing that gets rid of my eczema nad ive had it since i was a child, put normal plain oats (maybe a little drop of t tree oil if infected) in the foot of a pair of tights/stocking and let in soak in the bath with the baby (i soak it with me tho...) then wash the effected areas with the oat bag, i have no idea how it works but it does!

I realised that towards bedtime her body gets very warm!

yesterday night I even had to cool her down in front of the open window as she could not go to sleep 'cos she felt too hot!

as well at night we cover her as less as possible!

the area most badly affected is the part below her chin were all the drooling during the day gets collected!

thx guys so far :hi:

I appreciate any tip :hugs:

My youngest had real problems with sore/red/itchy skin under her chin. She was itching it a lot, we had 3 weeks of daktarin, followed by a weeks steroid to clear it. Still flares occassionally but couple days of streoid clears it.
Its a pain as its a difficult area to get to to clean & cream. Have tried putting a barrier cream round the area to prevent it from getting wet?

oat baths.... it sounds odd but its the only thing that gets rid of my eczema nad ive had it since i was a child, put normal plain oats (maybe a little drop of t tree oil if infected) in the foot of a pair of tights/stocking and let in soak in the bath with the baby (i soak it with me tho...) then wash the effected areas with the oat bag, i have no idea how it works but it does!

Have you tried aveeno moisturiser? DD was prescribed that and it helped her when she was dry :)
this contains colloidal oatmeal and Uvlollypop said oat helps against her eczema.
they offer to send you a free sample :headspin: will register there right now :baby:

thx a lot for this tip :hi:

looks like I found a promising solution :thumbup:

I very much appreciate all your help, guys :hi:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back