Natural/organic skincare/babycare?

Eala

Mum of two gorgeous girls
Reaction score
Hi all,

Thought I'd start a thread to share some tips or suppliers for good, natural skincare and/or babycare products that people have found :thumbup: (Desperately hoping there isn't a thread that I've missed in my over-tired state :haha:)

For a quick, cheapy and easy-to-get product, I like Halos'n'Horns - www.halosnhorns.co.uk. My Asda and Tesco both sell the baby bath, and I've got the fruity toothpaste too :)

My absolute favourite at the moment is the Kiddie Kind Goat's Milk wash from www.naturesrecipe.co.uk. Their products are a bit more expensive than some "Off the shelf" ones, but they last FOREVER and are just so yummy! I love their moisturiser for oily skin - it's the first one I've ever encountered which really *does* absorb easily. Their goat's milk stuff needs kept in the fridge ideally, to make it keep longer (as it's pure fresh milk they use, not powdered). Kurt (who runs the company) is a lovely guy, very helpful and knowledgeable about his products. I'd really recommend this place :thumbup:

Another favourite for general eco-friendly/organic/natural stuff is www.simplysoaps.co.uk These guys are so friendly and helpful, and their products are lovely. I bought quite a few Christmas gifts from here, and they were universally well received. Big thumbs up :)

I'll add more as I think of / remember them. But share your own too!! :D

I love H&H too - I got the offer of 4 for £5 at the baby show, all the fruity hair7body washes plus the toothpaste!
She always smells gorgeous after a bath with these..and people love to sniff her hair!

I also love Burts Bees - but its quite pricey, £8 ish for a small bottle!
BB do the non talc powder though which I like to use. Oh and the cream is great too - I use it on her face or anywhere really, even works as a nice lip balm lol!

Oh, I should mention The Green People as well: https://www.greenpeople.co.uk/ That's their own website, but you can get it from other places, sometimes cheaper (like on Ebay!). I love their baby balm, it's really calming and smells great. Lasts for ages too, as a little goes a long way! We also used their baby bath/wash before we found the Nature's Recipe one, and again, lasts ages, smells lovely, and didn't dry out or irritate my LO's skin :)

I made some chamomile baby oil. Haven't used it on a baby yet since my LO is being stubborn, but it was nice on my hands.
To make it I put about a cup and a half (maybe 300-350ml) of grapeseed oil in a large bowl or measuring cup with two chamomile tea bags.
I put this in my slow cooker with water in the bottom (so, like a double boiler. You could also use a pot on the stove on very low heat) and left it on low heat for a few hours until it was nice and greeny, and then put it into bottles.

Could someone recommend something to me that I can use on Edward? He has sensitive skin and eczema :flower: xx

Katy - the nature's recipe products that I linked to above are specifically designed for sensitve / problem skin. Especially the Kiddie Kind goat's milk cream and wash. Goat's milk is wonderfully soothing and healing for conditions like eczema and psiorasis, or even just very dry skin. It is ultra gentle too. The cream also has lavender and chamomile, if I recall correctly.

I e-mailed Kurt (the founder of the company) to ask about the cream being suitable for babies, and he said the Kiddie Kind one was. He himself suffered with eczema for 17 years, and it was goat's milk that finally got it under control for him.

My LO doesn't have eczema, but she does have sensitive skin which is prone to going dry (especially on her legs), and I find the wash has made her skin very soft and not in the slightest bit dry. I haven't bought the cream yet (as I still have other things to use up). I enquired about it on behalf of a friend whose LO has eczema, I forget if she has ordered any or not :blush:

In general, from what I've read on the subject, even getting something like Halos 'n' Horns (which is admittedly cheaper than the Nature's Recipe products) can help with skin conditions. Something which seems to often trigger a reaction is SLS/SLES, or the parabens etc which go into so many products. So something that is free from them (SLS/SLES in particular) can often help. It really varies from person to person.

HTH :hugs:

Could someone recommend something to me that I can use on Edward? He has sensitive skin and eczema :flower: xx

Halos and Horns would be good i think as it doesnt have the SLS and parabens which are nasty - its specifically for sensitive skin, whereas even organic stuff isn't always any better for sensitive skin!

https://www.halosnhorns.co.uk/

I love all Weleda baby products. They are a little more expensive but well worth it.

i dont buy anything like this mainly cos i cant find any anywhere when im in town and i remember i need something lol

does anyone know where i can get some talc free baby powder?

x

Great thread!

Emma suffers from eczema too and had a horrible reaction to sunscreen (Aveeno sunscreen to be exact). We got some all natural stuff though and it's amazing- it's Badger (www.badgerbalm.com) based out of New Hampshire- I'm guessing it's probably only in North America but thought I'd share just in case it's available other places too :thumbup:

i use nature babycare and earth friendly baby

i dont buy anything like this mainly cos i cant find any anywhere when im in town and i remember i need something lol

does anyone know where i can get some talc free baby powder?

x

the only one I know is the one I use by Burts Bees - online only though - well it wont be in Boots or anything like that anyway

Ellie, I don't know if it's available over here, but I used to use cornstarch powder for me when I was in Canada. I'm allergic to talc, but this is talc-free. I think it was supermarket's own brand, but Johnsons did it. Obv not organic or anything, but they might do it here too.

Ellie, I don't know if it's available over here, but I used to use cornstarch powder for me when I was in Canada. I'm allergic to talc, but this is talc-free. I think it was supermarket's own brand, but Johnsons did it. Obv not organic or anything, but they might do it here too.

JOhnsons stopped the cornstarch one over here :wacko:
The burts bees one is cornstarch though :thumbup:

Aah cool, that's good to know :) I don't use it anymore, and haven't ever felt I needed it for LO, so hadn't followed up on it :) (I still have half a bottle left from my Canada days anyway :haha:)

Great thread!

Emma suffers from eczema too and had a horrible reaction to sunscreen (Aveeno sunscreen to be exact). We got some all natural stuff though and it's amazing- it's Badger (www.badgerbalm.com) based out of New Hampshire- I'm guessing it's probably only in North America but thought I'd share just in case it's available other places too :thumbup:
Badger balm is so awesome. I really miss it.
Thanks for reminding me about it. I had a small tin I was hoarding but saw they do have an international ordering page. https://uncommonscents.com/Badger-Balm-s/128.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->