natural pain relief. Great article :-)

special_kala

love my bugs
Reaction score
I think ive posted this before but i think this article is awesome

1. Focus on the breath. If I had to choose only one pain management technique, this would be it. Stay in control of the breath, keeping the exhalations as long and smooth and drawn out as possible. Don’t worry about the inhalations, they will take care of themselves. This technique helped me feel like I was riding through each contraction instead of being buffeted by it. My yoga teacher said, “your breath is the life raft that will carry you through the stormy seas of birth.” She knew what she was talking about.

2. Rock and circle the hips. Rotating the hips and pelvis around not only feels soothing, but also increases the intensity of the contractions by increasing the pressure of the baby’s head on the cervix and encourages good fetal positioning.

3. Stay upright. Use active birth positions, like leaning, dancing, pacing, bouncing on a birth ball, rocking on all fours. Walk back and forth to the bathroom. Up and down the hall. Rest your head on something soft between contractions.

4. Zone out. Let the rest of the world take care of itself. Allow the logical, analytical monkey mind to quiet down. For me, this means NOT timing my own contractions.

5. Surrender to the force of life flowing through you. Find that source of strength deep inside your spirit.

6. Visualize a flower opening.

7. Say YES. Yes, I’m going to meet my baby soon. Yes, I’m progressing through labour. Yes, each contraction brings me closer to the birth.

8. Moan. Vocalize other low, throaty sounds, especially during the exhalation.

9. Keep the mouth, jaw and face relaxed. Tension in the face can reflect tension in the pelvic floor, and vice versa.

10. Practice different pain management techniques ahead of time, so you can do them without having to really think about it
https://www.theparentvortex.com/wordpress/10-pain-management-techniques-for-natural-childbirth/

Some of them can seem a bit out there but the mental aspect of labour is one people dont take into account (i definitly didn't first time round)

Thank you for posting this!!! Definitely going to be using these techniques.

The midwives made me circle my hips and it defo helped :) x

These are really great!! Especially #9! Most women (and Docs) have no idea how important it is to keep their faces (brow, mouth, jaw, eyes) soft while in labor. Also, shoulders. Constantly reminding yourself to soften your shoulders is vital also! I have found the shoulders especially hard as I naturally carry stress and pain in my shoulders. With my last 2 pregnancies I practiced keeping my shoulders soft throughout so that relaxing them became second nature!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->