Natural Parenting Young Mums (and the young at heart!)

Callington, just near Launceston/Tavistock/Saltash/Liskard (ish!). (Can you tell I'm yet to totally suss out where I am?! :haha:)

Bex if you're near Saltash/Tavi thats really near me!I'm in Plymouth! x

I don't know about people thinking it 'wierd', I've only ever gotten positive reactions when wearing Lucas (that I know of :haha:), people literally stop and stare when I go out around the village because it's so 'unsual' though.
I think regarding my 'natural parenting' choices, (although I know no mums my age in RL) most people think it's a bit of a gimmick. The general response from friends/family with cloth, babywearing and even teething necklaces seems to be that it's nice on my baby, but it's not their thing :winkwink:

With my first at age 16 I breastfed beyond 6 months (which was thought to be completely odd by those around me both young and old...) and I co-slept (which my mother would continuously lecture me on the dangers of...)

With my second at age 19 I did the above things plus I added cloth diapers and baby wearing into the mix. Again, all these actions were thought to be completely bizarre by everyone around me regardless of their ages.

With my first at age 16 I breastfed beyond 6 months (which was thought to be completely odd by those around me both young and old...) and I co-slept (which my mother would continuously lecture me on the dangers of...)

With my second at age 19 I did the above things plus I added cloth diapers and baby wearing into the mix. Again, all these actions were thought to be completely bizarre by everyone around me regardless of their ages.

Where is Canada are you?
and my mom always is telling how I am going to hurt my Daughter co sleeping.

Most peopple give me really strange looks.. especially about cloth diapers, I personally don't even know anyone else who uses them around where I live

Where is Canada are you?
and my mom always is telling how I am going to hurt my Daughter co sleeping.

I'm in Ontario right now, but I've lived all over.....

Gotta love mothers huh???
The co-sleeping is the main thing my mother lectures me on re: my parenting.... It's so so annoying. She acted much less concerned though when my second child came along and I'm hoping this time around she won't mention it negatively! But then again with my second she spent her time freaking out cause she thought there was no way a piece of cloth could properly secure a baby to me and that my dd would plummet to the ground at any given moment :dohh: And then she was also over concerned about breastfeeding as well... She tried to breastfeed all 3 of her kids with no success (though I believe several breastfeeding myths played a large role in that) and with my first she was adamant that he was too skinny and I was starving him (he grew consistently at the 10th percentile for his weight from the time he was 1 month till now at age 9.... he's perfectly healthy... just skinny)... then there was my daughter who she insisted I was overfeeding... (she remained at the 90th percentile for weight from the time she was 1 month till I stopped breastfeeding her when she was almost 3... and now she's in the 50% percentile as breastfed baby fat tends to go away)

My mother in law also doesn't get my choices either but for different reasons. She co-slept with my hubby for several months(when he was a baby ofcourse lol) until they could afford a crib and they used cloth diapers because they were cheaper and she commented on how she had to scrimp and save to be able to buy formula so her babies would have the best start :dohh: Now she can't for the life of her figure out why I am doing these "primitive" parenting choices when I have the means to buy disposables and I have a crib that we can put baby in. And she's not at all accepting of the fact that breastfeeding is a healthier choice than formula... She's made it to the point where she thinks that breastfeeding is now an acceptable alternative though.... I think she's keeping that mindset though so she won't feel bad about her choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->