Natural Parenting?????

Eskimobabys

Mama to TWO!
Reaction score
i hope its okay that im asking a question here.. but im VERY interested in Natural parenting with the cloth diapers and "wearing your baby" i love it!!!! but my hubby thinks wearing your baby's lazy! but idc im doing it but Where and how many cloth diapers do u buy? bc newborns pee ALOT will i be able to keep up? could yal give me more info. on it and yal experiences with it the diapers are so cute. thank you all! and what else do the natural parenting moms do?

haha babywearing is sooo not lazy, you will understand when your baby gets a bit older LOL, its hard work!

as for cloth nappies, i would suggest maybe 15 to get a decent stash but with a newborn you may find you are washing every day so maybe get a few more just to give you a break in the early days, you can always sell them on after when you start needing fewer nappies

we also BLW which is basically giving babies the same food as we eat, not jars and baby rice, erm what else do we do? thats all i do but im sure theres more, someone else will be along soon enough and they can fill you in on the rest :D

x

Hey hun. Weird seeing you in this section. :winkwink: I cloth diaper, co-sleep, breastfeed, and baby-wear when she lets me (but usually she just wants carried). I also plan to try BLW. I got my cloth diapers at cottonbabies.com. They are very simple to use. I have 22 all-in-one and pocket diapers. Which you don't even need that many if you don't want. I just went overboard with the shopping. I wash every other day. It's really super easy once you get the hang of it all. I didn't start with the cloth for a few months so I could get the hang of everything first before adding more work. But honestly I wish I would've started sooner because it's so easy. :thumbup:

Hey, we use cloth nappies, babywear, use homeopathic and natural medication or none at all, recycle as much as we can, spend lots of time outside, use gentle discipline and have just started baby led weaning. Everyone does different stuff though.

There are loads of places to buy cloth nappies online, have a look on Google and have a read through some of the threads in here so you get some idea about them. There is a good couple of stickys at the top of the page that are pretty helpful.

:D

Baby wearing is so NOT the lazy way of going! It is loads more work than you think. Especially when they are heavy. Tell your OH it is the natural way of doing it and will encourage closeness and confidence in your baby. It's the best thing ever! I love co-sleeping and bed sharing, too.

Babywearing is not the least bit lazy and way more rewarding than keeping the baby in a baby chair or something like that all day. Lazy is just popping the infant car seat on top of a stroller and jiggling it when the baby cries :) Emma cries less and seems happier when she is being worn- in turn, I'm a happier Mummy and now my hubby wears her too because he felt like he was missing out on the bonding experience. My hubby now calls himself Mobyman :) Babywearing wasn't even on my radar when pregnant but I love it and my family has definitely see the benefits. Good luck convincing your hubby- I'm sure he would enjoy wearing your baby if he tried it :)

Thank you all! yeah my hubby said i can whatever i want! YAY! but i def dont think he'll let our baby co- sleep with us ... if you do co-sleep with your baby when do you stop?? bc my cuzn slept with her son and always held him and now hes 3 and hes always all over her she can hardly do anything with out him on her hip and now she has twin girls(1 yr olds) and she cant hardly care for them bc he wants to be held 24/7 but then again she does favor him over her girls(diff dads) its sad :( the lil boy is kinda a brat and mean and the girls are so sweet they are very good babies and she dont sleep with them or wear them so by doin all this baby wearing and co sleeping will this spoil my baby? bc i plan on having 3

No, it won't spoil them. Carrying and co-sleeping doesn't automatically spoil a child. It is a spoilt way of life that will spoil them. I bet the lil' boy gets what he wants all the time -- not just in regards to being held and sleeping arrangements. You will still need to set reasonable boundaries once the baby reaches an appropriate age. But for the first 4-6 months the most important thing to remember is that a baby needs to know its adults are there for them when they need them. This will actually foster confidence in the baby. A baby that is made to be on its own before it is ready will be clingy because it will have no confidence that help will be there when and if needed.

I plan to stop co-sleeping somewhere between 6 months and a year. But everyone is different. At the very least, my LO needs to be sleeping through the night consistently. I work full time and co-sleeping is the only thing that keeps me from being a zombie in the morning after LO wakes 3 times in the night to eat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->