Natural Progesterone When & How long?

JLM73

Reaction score
Hi Ladies!:flower:
Can any of you who have used/are using Natural Progesterone please tell me What CD/DPO to start it on?
and How long do you use it after bfp?
I am thinking I will try it this cycle, and no one I know ever used it...
Also if you can recommend a type/brand I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks in advance!

Hi, I'm currently taking progesterone Rx'd by my RE for the first time this cycle, and she told me to start taking it 3 days after your positive opk. You basically want to make certain that you ovulated for sure before you start the progesterone. Then you take it for 14 days, unless you start your period before that.

As for a natural type, I would try the Progessence Plus essential oil from Young Living. I tried to extend my luteal phase for the past year using supplements with no luck and bought the Progessence Plus last month to start trying. It just so happened that I had my first appointment with an RE before I could really give it a good shot and after trying for 16 cycles with no bfp, I decided that I didn't want to "waste" anymore cycles to try the natural progesterone, so I broke down and started using the Rx one.

Hope that helps! Best of luck to you!

Thx a ton WayPast
I hear ya on wasting cycles...I'm almost 42
I feel like I can see the finish line and am trying to run back against a treadmill :rofl:

There are some legitimate medical/professional articles and recommendations online. I am gonna start it but main thing is if u get bfp you need to keep using it to sustain the pregnancy until ur dr gives you the ok to taper off. GL!

Thx pink I wondered about that too.
I only have experience of inject progest for surrogacy ...can't find the old protocal, but I recall a weaning process from 10-12 wks i think.
Thank you both, much appreciated!

I buy the Emerita progest brand on amazon comes in 48 individual packets that are 20mg each , Use it from 3dpo till 14dpo if BFN stop using it and AF will arrive, if BFP keep using it till 12 weeks. I read a good article of a lady that had preterm labor with all her pregnancies but the one pregnancy she used progesterone cream till term she had no preterm labor. so there is no harm in using it throughout the pregnancy.https://happypmscream.com/progesterone_cream_and_pregnancy.htm

Thx Lisa that is really interesting about prog. and preterm labor..
And thx for thew link!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->