Natural remedies that work!

B

Bekkiboo

My friend is currently pregnant with her 4th little girl and she is having an awful time of it this time round, what with severe backache, sciatica etc and I would really like to try and do something to help her through it. :hugs:

I was hoping there would be some natural (safe) remedies that help pregnant ladies with these problems and thought I would run it across you guys to see what you tried and what you felt REALLY worked for you??

Would really appreciate any help on this x x :hugs::thumbup:

how far gone is she? she could take arnica which helps with swelling and healing. i used it when i had an op and from about week 32 of my pregnancy. It really helped me heal after my labour and I think it helped with my back and hip pain. I am not sure if you should take it before 30 odd weeks but a bit of research will help. I took it and Dex was fine.

Homeopathy is mostly safe during pregnancy but it's best to see a trained homeopath so they can accurately prescribe and not give the few remedies that can be problematic. I used it throughout my pregnancy and it helped with a number of things, such as moods, but not with my sickness really nor my sciatica.

has she seen an accupuncturist?? not too sure how safe it is during pregnancy but i'm sure it would be so long as she found a well trained/accredited person.....this really helps my back pain loads also i would suggest that thing where people push on certain areas of the foot to help (totally forgotten what its called now!!!LOL - baby brain!!)

HTH's a bit

sara

zxxxxxxxx

Would that be accupressure? She's 24 weeks now, been suffering quite badly all the way through this time! x

reflexology!!! lol just remembered the name !!lol its meant to be quite effective tho again make sure the person is qualified and knows your friend is pregnant - i'm not sure but i know some things arent recommended before certain weeks/after certain weeks or at all during pregnancy

sara

xxxxxxxxx

I had reflexology whilst I was preg to help with SPD. It did really help at the time, but I should have had regular sessions for it to be ongoing. :thumbup:

I have reflexology, accupuncture and cupping all natyral remedies and all working for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->