Natural remedies to treat a UTI?!

jenmcn1

Expecting baby #4:)
Reaction score
Does anyone have natural remedies for a UTI? I'm experiencing one and want to avoid antibiotics.
I'm currently avoiding any and all sugar, drinking lots of water and drinking pure organic cranberry juice. Any other possible ways to treat this?
Thank you ladies;)

I would go see a Dr and get a urine culture. If it's a true uti it won't go away without antibiotics and it will travel to the kidneys. Very dangerous when pregnant especially, don't want to alarm you but I wouldn't risk natural remedies in this case ...

I wouldn't try to treat a UTI on your own, especially not while pregnant. Any infection can be really bad for both you and baby during pregnancy, but especially an infection capable of spreading to your kidneys and beyond.

I have only tried natural remedies for a UTI one time, about a decade ago, and I would never do it again, and definitely not while pregnant. Two days into the natural remedies (a strong herbal tea, cranberry juice, garlic, tons of water), I was curled up on the couch with a high fever and back pain. I had no idea what was going on. A friend took me to the hospital where they discovered that I had sepsis. The UTI had spread to my kidneys, and I was very ill. I was lucky that I didn't suffer permanent damage to my kidneys.

During pregnancy when I have even the slightest UTI symptoms I have always gone to see the doctor and 2/3 times it actually ended up not being a UTI, something else was causing the pain while urinating, so the doctors took no action. I'm still glad I went in those two times though, because I'd rather have 1000 false alarms than have a infection go septic again. The one time that it was confirmed as a UTI, I took antibiotics and it cleared up very quickly with no ill effects on DS.

I also say this bc my friend ended up miscarrying due to a uti that was left untreated :(

I recommend...not treating at home and go get some antibiotics. And some probiotics

I agree with the other ladies, definitely go and see the doctor - I had a uti which spread to my kidneys after having ds and I was in agony, it's really not nice and as the previous poster said it comes with risks during pregnancy which are more serious than taking antibiotics.

For a mild, beginning UTI that does not cause bladder pain yet you can take grapefruitseedextract.
When I started taking progesterone I had 2 mild UTI's in a row. Both went away within a day using GSE.
Recently I had what seemed to be more like an actual bladder infection and GSE did not help fast enough.

The only problem might be getting your hand on GSE. I usually have to order online. Idk if any stores carry it. Maybe one day shipping would be an idea.

It is not dangerous to try home remedies and such as long as it is really just a mild UTI. The body has the ability to clear these itself often and antibiotics can have bad side effects. A miscarriage is only a risk after a prolonged and worsening infection. I usually treat before the burn becomes too painful and urination so frequent that only drops come out.

I am dealing with very annoying indigestion now thanks to antibiotics and my immune system was unable to fight off the 5th cold my son brought home from Kindergarten. In my case is was necessary but I wish GSE would have been enough. The stomach cramps after eating are no fun.

Ya go to doctor I tried avoiding antibiotics and doing everything natural and ended up in the hospital on IV antibiotics. Too risky while pregnant cause it can cause a miscarriage

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->