Natural/simple moisturisers vs aveeno etc

minties

Complete
Reaction score
I keep seeing aveeno creams and lotions mentioned on here as the be-all and end-all of eczema curing, rash eliminating, and skin softening solutions.

I don't get it? I have looked at the ingredients for the Aveeno Baby Soothing Relief and it looks like its full of all the same stuff that everything else has. Dimethicone, petrol by-products, mineral oil, and lots of other things that don't sound like stuff I would want to rub into a baby.

What do YOU use? Do you make any homemade barrier creams, lotions or mousterisers? Do you love aveeno? Why?

Not meant as a dig at anyone who uses it, I'm just curious that's all. I'm thinking it has a reputation for being super natural?

I used to just use extra virgin coconut oil but now use some butters also (shea, cocoa and mango).

Coconut oil, olive oil, sometimes general veg oil. Just my preference, I don't like 'products'.

I use mostly nothing. Coconut oil if she gets a rash. It is very humid where we live so she doesn't really need anything.

I think the people that believe Aveeno is natural are looking at it compared to Johnson & Johnsons products, which it may be marginally better than. I wouldn't use either, though.

We use Aveeno. You will find the main reason Ezcema users mention it as it's prescribed by the GP for their child so they don't have to pay. I use it on Jacob and myself and I find it very good.

I think Aveeno is made by Johnson and Johnson?

I like coconut oil. For his bum I use a balm I buy from a WAHM. It has coconut oil, shea butter, essential oils, and other all natural things.

Yeah it is made by Johnson and Johnson! Ick :(

I quite like pawpaw ointment for rashes, it clears them up super quickly! Works for all sorts of things :)

That is interesting about getting aveeno on prescription!

I've decided that cocoa butter makes me feel sick. The smell is so over powering!

That is interesting about getting aveeno on prescription!

I've decided that cocoa butter makes me feel sick. The smell is so over powering!

It's the standard one GP's prescribed (in my experience anyway). We have Aveeno Cream & Aveeno Bath/Shower Oil wash + hydrocortisone (sp?) on repeat prescription.

I haven't tried anything else on Jacob because the Aveeno does work very well on him. I have tried various things over the years as I have very dry skin and it's the only one that works for me.

Normally, the one that is prescribed is around £13 a bottle but I have found a different Aveeno moisturiser (same size bottle but is scented with Lavender) for £2.50 in a discount shop so I stocked up for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->