naughty baby/ebay cheapies versus BGV3/BGV4

kate.m.

Mummy to Travis
Reaction score
Hi!
Travis has just started fitting into the naughty baby nappies & apart from slight wing droop, theyre actually working quite well (slimmer than i thought they would b!)

Ive been eyeing up BGV3s for a while now, as every1 raves about them, and ive just seen them "in real life" for the very 1st time in a shop near me... & i couldnt spot much difference between them & the naughty babies??? Well, certainly not £12 difference anyway!! Even the inserts looked the same 2 me!

So, my question is for those who have tried both: is the difference worth the extra money? or are they just like the ebay cheapies? :shrug:

IMO they are very much worth the extra money. They feel a lot different to me - everything feels sturdier, like it will last a lot longer, and you get a year's guarantee on them. I would imagine that the ebay cheapies are copies of nappies like BGV3s which is why they're so similar, but the materials and workmanship aren't the same quality. If the cheapies work for you, there's no reason to buy BGs but I would imagine you'll have to replace them more often than BGs.

IMO they are very much worth the extra money. They feel a lot different to me - everything feels sturdier, like it will last a lot longer, and you get a year's guarantee on them. I would imagine that the ebay cheapies are copies of nappies like BGV3s which is why they're so similar, but the materials and workmanship aren't the same quality. If the cheapies work for you, there's no reason to buy BGs but I would imagine you'll have to replace them more often than BGs.

THIS!!! Word for word.

I use both, and the cheapies with a flip insert last as long as my BGs buuuuut like-for-like they are much cheaper quality material and flimsy and I can't imagine they will last very long. But they are fine by themselves... if that makes sense?

I have both and do find that the BG's are better quality, they last on for longer (we have problems at night with the ebay's but not the BG's) and wash better as they don't seem to stain quite as much.

On saying that, the ebay cheapies are great for bulking up with and work fine for us in the day where we change more often, and of course they are a great price :)

had had both when we started out.
The workmanship and fit is different on both. I found we had to double up the ebay ones to get a good fit round the legs, and would leak if i didn't.

The sizing on the v4s is really good bigger than the v3's/ebay cheapies, also with the bg poppers the tabs are stretchy too!

you will find the wear on the ebay ones will be heavier than on the bg's. the PUL or leg elastics aren't as good quality either.

I owned about 3 but sold them on. to start out with they're a great stash builder and if you have them in large rotation they will probably see you through but in small numbers i guess they will wear through quicker than the bg's.

it's all relative really - i want to use our stash for #2 (when it happens) i very much doubt ebay cheapies would survive that long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->