Nausea help

bunnyhop

Reaction score
Hello I will be 7 weeks pregnant tomorrow, I feel ill practically 24/7 I wake up feeling icky and go to sleep feeling icky (im not actually sick though)

I had a scan last week which showed twins so im thinking this has added to the way I feel. I am trying to look at the sickness as a positive but its really getting me down.

Any tips on helping?

Hiya bunnyhop, congratulations on your double bump! When I was pregnant with my girls, the nausea was worst between weeks 6-8. It was all day and v draining. I used to just go to bed as soon as possible, after my dinner and son was in bed. After 8 weeks, I still had nausea (and was sick most days) but it was not as intense or constant. You will find your energy picks up and the sickness eases with each week.

Your body is doing a massive job -two babies to build, placenta (s) to perfect and 100% extra blood to pump round- so rest when you can. Try to eat little and often and drink plenty. I found the stain much worse when I was hungry or rushing around!

Just like Ajos, I was bad 6-8. At 8 on the dot I was not feeling too bad at all. I am still exhausted and easily get light headed.

I found that I had to carry a snack like nuts or trail mix everywhere. If I hadn't eaten if a bit I would have just a little bit so my stomach didn't start. I also find I need very very small meals, like 1/4 of what I ate before. I eat really really slow. I'm talking one bite every 3 mins. Once you don't feel hungry any more, stop eating. Come back to it in an hour or so. I've also been into sour anything, I found sucking on sour candy helps. I have 2 green smoothies (mostly vegetables and a bit of fruit for flavour) per day and find that they help too.

Jolly ranchers helped me when I wasn't feeling great. I never got too bad, but had a few weeks where my stomach just felt constantly queasy.

Hey! I was at my most Nauseous/sick from 7-9 weeks (not twins.) Just felt car sick from morning til night. It went away for a few days pretty much all together but now I just have had a couple of random days of nausea again.

I can understand that it's getting you down. It's not a nice feeling! I think I vomited maybe 5 times in total over those 2 weeks. I endee up just cracking one day and crying at work & telling my boss because I just felt so sick.

Sorry you're feeling so crappy, but it's pretty normal :( Just do what you can to feel ok. I have been sucking on peppermints at work. Icy poles are also good.

Preggie Pop's have definitely helped me!

i have been sick (throwing up ) all day and ill all day long from day 1 not had a scan yet but thinking just 1 its my 7th baby feel so ill x

I have had horrendous morning sickness - from 5 weeks - and it's just getting worse. I can barely keep anything down. The doctor prescribed Phenergan and also metoclopramide but both have made me very drowsy and disorientated (I actually felt worse than when I had just the sickness)

Has anyone else tried any medication?

Has anyone else found ice cubes or ice lollies help - that's the only thing I can keep down.

the medication made me feel drunk i would rather just have sickness all day long x

I am prescribed to Diclegis (that's the name in USA, but it has other names in other countries). Doc told me that it is a Class A drug for pregnancy meanings it's VERY safe! It is the ONLY FDA approved medicine for pregnancy morning sickness. I've heard of others taking zofran & that has worked as well. This medicine has been a miracle for me. I was leaving work early & just miserable. :thumbup:

I find that sucking on boiled sweets can help the nausea and also give a little bit of energy x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->