Naval Piercings..........

babycakes76

Reaction score
I have a bellybutton piercing (a bar type in situ)
My question is do you girls have to remove it? and if yes wouldn't the hole heal it self quickley?
I don't fancy having to have it repierced!!

If you like you can use a pregnancy bar which is made of soft acrylic plastic so it stretches, but I think If your belly button pops out it will have to be removed, Usually they also remove it at the birth, Im not sure how quickly it would heal,, that generally varies from person to person xxx

I took mine out and the hole has healed but you can still see it (if you get what I mean. The hole is there but I coulodnt put a bar through it). My belly has stretched so much as well the the scar is now like an inch long by my belly button. :dohh: I think it's probably more comfortable to take it out. If I had mine in now it would stick out a mile because of my belly button and because my belly is so stretched now. x

I had my belly button pierced for 3 or 4 years and I took it out umm I'd say around 20 weeks.. it was starting to feel itchy and I don't know as soon as I started to put on ANY weight I felt like it was disgusting and I took it out. It's not healed yet ~ I put a bar in for a couple days the week of Christmas. It felt itchy though having it there?

But since becoming pregnant all of my piercings have gotten infected, etc. with no real explanation so I've taken them all out. Hoping to put my belly button piercing back in though after all of this! If not, depending on my stretchmarks.. I will have mine repierced - if I can go through child birth I can go through having my belly button done again LOL. I say depending on my stretchmarks because if they're bad I don't want to put jewelry down there to draw attention to the area.

Mine's still in and has been for the past 4 children...never once taken it out. Actually I did once for an MRI scan

I don't have one but my sister did and was told to take it out and replace it with a pregnancy one, its plastic and stretches, hope this helps, take care :hugs: XX

I took mine out around 24 weeks with my first two pregnancies as I had a friend who left hers in and without going into to much gorey detail it popped out of her skin and she now has a nasty scar, so I didnt want to risk leaving it in just in case. I just put the bar back in every week or so for a couple of seconds to stop it from closing up. This is my third baby and about 6months before getting pregnant I decided Id past the phase of wanting my tummy button pierced although I still think it looks great on people with beautifuly tained and toned flat tummies but lets admit it after 3 children and a few strech marks here and there the last thing your going to want to do is show of a sparkly belly button piercing haha! Hope this helps and goodluck piercing or no piercing x

I've had mine done for about 4/5 years and it's still in, i dont plan on taking it out untill i need too, if i do, but i am going to get a maternity bar x

I had to take mine out about a month ago as it started to go red and itch :(

I put it in every few days though to make sure it doesn't heal over but its been pierced for at least 8 years so hopefully it won't go !

I think everyone is different...from what I read above, my belly button did the exact opposite LOL

I havent worn a ring in it for a while, but the hole never closed. Then I got pregnant, and it stretched out. Now that I had my baby, it's a little wrinkly from the stretch, and didn't close at all.

I took mine out right away when finding out I was pregnant! No reason really tho I was just more less sick of it and it was a good excuse to take it out. It still hasn't healed over tho which is odd because they say they heal over really fast!

Babycakes something you wanna tell us???

I have belly pierced and changed my bar for a plastic one abt 2 inches long it doesnt stretch but it bends. I have a very deep belly button mind so even when preggers last time don't think I got an outty almost though! I won't take it out if I don't need to!

i have mine pierced and wondered the same thing, think i will take it out later on and put it in every few days to keep it open i jst hate the look of my tummy without it ive had it for 10 yrs!!!

Thank you for your replies xx

I think i will get myself a pregnancy bar then....i never had a flat tummy when i had it pierced and never show my midriff off! but am rather attached to it as i've had it for years now.....my belly button is an inny and quite deep so i'm hoping it won't pop out!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->