Nearing 21 weeks....

DaisyDreamer

mama to a beautiful boy
Reaction score
And I don't particularly think I look all that pregnant.

I took a sneak peek at the bumps on the sticky thread up top here and you ladies have such nice curvy bumps! Me? I just look like a pot bellied pig.

This is my first pregnancy, did you ladies feel this way at this point with your first?

Yes, in pics I would take I thought I had a decent sized bump, but it would disappear and look like I ate too much when I would wear clothes. I had someone at a friends baby shower (I was actually 21 weeks along) tell me how tiny I was and that she didn't even know I was pregnant...

Yes, in pics I would take I thought I had a decent sized bump, but it would disappear and look like I ate too much when I would wear clothes. I had someone at a friends baby shower (I was actually 21 weeks along) tell me how tiny I was and that she didn't even know I was pregnant...

I totally feel that way! Have been feeling the baby kicking regularly lately and I thought because I'm a lot tinier (5'2" 102 lbs pre pregnancy) that I would be huge by now.

But really I look how I did when I weighed the same weight I am now except just a little bit more tummy. Everything else is in my boobs or my ass :blush:

Honestly, I never gained anything in my boobs or ass until after 30 weeks with my first. I didn't gain much weight period until 30 weeks, but what I did gain before that was all in my belly. I was 5'0" (still am, not was lol) and 115lbs when I got pregnant with my son and I also thought i'd be huge... but nope :( not until later on. Now this time around, at 16 weeks I feel huge already! I Think I probably look more pregnant now than I did with my son at 21 weeks

Mine can look quite round one day then like a small pot belly the next.

last pregnancy I was MASSIVE. Like... Massive. I'll include a pic taken of me 2 weeks before my c-section;

https://i.imgur.com/bnHuuqX.jpg

This time around I'm carrying much higher and am starting to really "pop" now - but my sister lovingly decided to tell me that I look like a broodmare... How sweet.

Broodmare for reference;

tumblr_inline_np1gibknCY1ro2d0d_540.jpg

Honestly, I never gained anything in my boobs or ass until after 30 weeks with my first. I didn't gain much weight period until 30 weeks, but what I did gain before that was all in my belly. I was 5'0" (still am, not was lol) and 115lbs when I got pregnant with my son and I also thought i'd be huge... but nope :( not until later on. Now this time around, at 16 weeks I feel huge already! I Think I probably look more pregnant now than I did with my son at 21 weeks

Hmmmm, well I guess every body is different! The women at the WIC office and my MW say that I am on track weight-wise and should keep trying to gain a pound a week. I guess I keep forgetting that I'm only halfway through the pregnancy and have a long way to go of feeling and looking huge!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->