nearly 10 year gap. i dont know what to buy help.

joea

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure im having a c section in just over 4 weeks but still havent brought anything as I can't remember what I had for my last baby (years ago) and I thought i'd get to go to antenatal classes to refresh my memory. I've been working full time and just stopped due to health issues so I've not really had time to think about it. My doctor was shocked when she learnt I havent even made a list yet.

Main questions are 1/ moses baskets seem very frilly and fancy these days. I remember with my last baby that we were told to avoid dangly ribbons etc. Are mums still buying these baskets and are the mattresses that come with them ok for baby to spend the night on/ mattresses were a huge issue before and we were always told to be very careful about quality.

2/ what kind of pushchair do you recommend? totally lost with all the range out there.

3/ Is there anywhere that sells maternity nighties for tall people. I don't currently own a nightie (other than a very inappropriate one :blush:) I'm nearly 6ft and nothing seems to fall past vagina length.

4/ I assume c sections are still a 5 day stay so If take approximately 10 babygrows and a few cardigans/ vests will that be ok?

thanks in advance girls. I feel a complete novice even though this will be my fourth. :blush:

Didn't want to r n r, but only can only answer is about Moses baskets - we've got quite a plan one without any frills, just rocks back and forth with a teddy on it :). I brought a different mattress but just so I knew what mattress I had in it.

You can always ask at your hospital about clothes as ours supply them instead. Think it's due to external risks :).

I have a 8&10 year gap so feel your pain! I am using an old family basket so can't be of much use there but I think today's baskets don't look that fancy. But then I've never had that good a look!

As for prams - my DH decided our old navy checked Britax system was too old fashioned but was loathe to buy a new travel system as this will be our last baby. We settled for a second hand my4 from mothercare and bought a friends car seat. 10 years ago our car seat was about £40 but now they cost £140 new!

I don't wear nighties after I am up and about and catheter is out. I like shorts or pj bottom over my big pants and pads for extra security. I've bought vest tops with buttoned front from primark to wear on top and baggy tshirts to lift up and feed that way.

My first section I was kept in 5 days but was asked to go home 48hrs after my 2nd as was mobilising about and breastfeeding was fine. I am packing for 2 nights and have a box of top up stuff for my parents or hubby to bring in if I am kept in longer.

I have a Mamas & Papas stroller, so cute! I'm not doing a moses basket, just the crib. Keep it simple.

I've got the Trenton deluxe travel system from mothercare (got a good price as was on sale). I'm another one for pj bottoms and strap shirt, more to cover how swollen my ankles are :).

Thanks for the advice will check it all out.

1) there are some frilly moses' baskets but also some very simple ones. The same guidelines are still in place.

2) we just bought a lightweight but well padded lightweight stroller suitable from birth. We also plan to use a carrier.

3)I don't know your dress size but Evans (plus size shop) tend to do longer nighties some are BF friendly, matalan as well, and M&S. They are calf or ankle length on someone on average height so will be maybe knee length on you?

4) ask your hospital as in recent years most of the ones around here have only a 2-3 day stay for c-section provided there are no complications or further problems.

Good luck! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->