• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

nearly 34 weeks and feeling crappy

bluecathy1978

Mum to 6 kids & 2 angels
Reaction score
At lunchtime today I started with pains in my back and tummy, like a dull ache that you may get around the time you are due on. No bh, just achey. I have also felt really sick and hot. My Bp was fine when I checked it (120/78) but my pulse was bordering on high st 96.
My diabetes midwife called for my glucose readings and asked how I was doing so I told her what was going on. She seemed rather concerned and has told me to phone the hospital if I'm feeling the same this evening. The pain has eased off but my pulse is still high and baby is quiet. Just waiting to pick my husband up from work and will probably go and get checked out. Far too early for any dramas!!

I've been told that the cramping and discomfort are pretty normal for this point in the 3rd trimester. HOWEVER, If you are coming down with something (cold, flu, etc.), then that can trigger cramps and contractions, especially if you are dehydrated as a result. Try to get some rest, drink extra fluids, and don't hesitate to go in if things get bad -- it's always better to be safe than sorry.

I recently came down with a really nasty cold, and my flu shot injection site got infected at the same time, and my body FREAKED OUT -- full on contractions and everything. It was pretty scary, but did work itself out. :)

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->