Nearly 4 year old chewing his clothes

louiseee

Reaction score
Any idea's on how to get him to stop? He constantly sucks or chews on his tshirts or sleeves of his jackets.

He seems to do it more when he's tired or upset but the smell is so bad! He does it to his blankets too at bedtime. Makes for lots of washing because he wants to change once its wet!

Do i keep telling him to stop or ignore it and hope he stops on his own?

Any idea's on how to get him to stop? He constantly sucks or chews on his tshirts or sleeves of his jackets.

He seems to do it more when he's tired or upset but the smell is so bad! He does it to his blankets too at bedtime. Makes for lots of washing because he wants to change once its wet!

Do i keep telling him to stop or ignore it and hope he stops on his own?

My 6 yr old does this too and has for few yrs. I googled it and saw it points to oral sensory issue. She chews all sorts...nails, clothes, pencils, bag straps, anything that she can really. It's sub conscious and she doesn't realise she does it. Hoping she grows out of it but my friend was same and she continues to chew nails, pull at her hair and so on. It drives me mad with my daughter! I do draw her attention to when she's doing it by gently pulling hand out mouth. I used to get cross but realised she can't help it. You can buy teething accessories for children (something like teething tubes on ebay) and I am considering getting one if the school agree to let her use it there

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->