Nearly 5 yr old with toilet issues.

sarajane

Mother of 1
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I am really hoping someone can help with this as I am completely out of ideas! So my son is going to be 5 next month and ever since we started potty training he has had an issue with going for a poo ( sorry for tmi) when we first started with it he just refused completely to go on a toilet and we had to go back to nappies. Then at preschool he was fine for a little while but then started having accidents nearly every day. He finally got over this after I got him a sticker chart where he would eventually get a prize for going. But instead of going he then started holding it in and made him self constipated. So docs gave him movicol which eventually sorted that issue. He was fine over the whole summer holidays and was going to toilet by himself. But recently at school (he is now in reception) he shstarted having accidents every day. The teachers encourage him to go to the toilet but he just doesn't do anything. He then has an accident but doesn't tell anyone until they figure it out.

I have tried absolutely everything and it's really heartbreaking for me now as I am worried that he will eventually start being bullied. Apart from this problem he is a very bright and confident little boy!

Sorry for the essay, just wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation and if anything worked?

No advice but huge hugs. My DS, 4 in 2 weeks, has started having wee accidents at school. He has been using the toilet since he was 2 and 9 months. Just before half tern he was wetting himself atleast 3 times a week but it's only at school. I have no advice unfortunately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->