Nearly five year old seems to play alone a lot

New Mrs W

Frankie and Mickey's Mama
Reaction score
My eldest is 5 in September. He starts full time school in September but has attended half day pre school for the last year. He really enjoyed pre school and is looking forward to school. He is clever and happy and is ready for school. My worry is that he seems to play alone a lot still. He likes to play certain games and he likes it if other children join in his game (he plays ninja warrior a lot which is basically an assault course and physical challenges). Other children will play with him but obviously wander off to play other games but my son will stay and play his game rather than go off to play with the other children. Sometimes he goes and plays with the others but seems to get bored and ends up going back to his own game again. It's making me really anxious. Most of the other children appear to play together a lot of the time and I'm worried that my son isnt doing this as much. He's going to a different school to where his pre school was so will have lots of new children come September but I am extremely anxious that he won't make any friends if he doesn't play with them and join in their games. Anyone else any similar experiences??

My son is the same! If it is something he is really interested in then he will join in but if not he would rather do his own thing! I'm a bit worried about going to school and not making any friends either!

Looking back I was a bit of a loner as a kid as well and had a very small circle of friends when I was a teenager! My OH isn't all that social either he has a small circle of friends too, so I'm guessing it's just his personality!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->