Nearly four worried about autism

sparkle_1979

Mum to Ruby born Oct 2009
Reaction score
Hello ladies I thought maybe you ladies could give me some guidance

Until three mths ago I never thought I'd be writing this. I've been sick with worry that last few weeks, its all I think about.

I do myself suffer with anxiety, tend to get fixated on things and wonder if this is what I'm doing now, my husband is major pissed off with me for keep going on about it, ill tell you what's bothering me...

Three mths ago after being awau we have my little girls nursery report, it was fine said she was getting on good interacting ect ect....the same day I mentioned that when we were away visiting family ruby was not playing with children too much, she's very shy and doesn't warm to people she doesn't know fast, I just mentioned that if they see her standing back to try and in incourage her to play. They said we will....two days later I was called in and they said they had spotted a few things and wanted to get her monitored.
My husband was really annoyed, said how can they say that after two mornings when after having her report two days before everything was fine. After speaking to family and friends I decided that we didn't think there was a problem and left it

It turns out we had to take her out of nursery for a couple of mths due to travel anyways.....I have been watching her, analising everything she does and I'm driving myself crazy with worry, google is doing me no good at all

I thought maybe if I tell you a little about my little girls anyone with experience could give me advise please

Chatty, has conversations I'd say appropriate for her age with us. Will chat about anything, happy to start conv but will chat about anything we like to.

Very cuddley, loves cuddles and stroking.

good facial expressions, uses different tones vocally ect

Plays with lots of toys, barbies, peppa pig toys, teddys, ipad, books....dresses her dolls and gets the ready to go shopping ect

Often pretends she is princess holly and I have to be nanny plum ect

Great eye contact

Great with people she knows, will happily go off to friends house, Nannys for night

We have the worst routine ever, we are often away in England, but always has a seven bed time. Change of routine doesnt bother her

Things that worry me

She can't ride a bike though to be fair, we've only tried maybe three times

She loves to colour in but is not at all good at drawings...a face at best

Tiptoes when excited. If we're out walking she walks fine, when excited and in the house she flutters around like a fairy

Jumps when excited, if she's showing me a picture she has done she will jump ect sometimes flaps arms when jumping

She is very shy with strangers, children and adults. She would never start talking to anyone she didnt know without encouragement from me....but she hasn't been socalised well due to living remote with no family or many friends here...

What do you think,am I worrying too much or could there be an issue ? Hubby and my mum think I am worrying over nothing :wacko:

She's four this oct

Thanks so much for reading

Any advise much appreciated xxx

I am no doctor, but I don't think she has autism or aspergers from what you have described. They generally have a limited amount of special interests normally only 1 or 2 and have limited imagination. I think DS with autism could ride a bike, but he has had bikes in pre-school and school to practice on as well as at home.

I think the main issue you have is the shyness and you already mentioned you live in a isolated area, which can contribute to shyness. Other things are genetics, shy parents, attachment issues, criticism, labeling and fear of separation. Also if she has traveled a bit maybe it could be fear of making friends and then leaving them again. I'm not saying that its bad to travel and in fact I believe its very good to broaden a child's horizon. But since she is spending the majority of time with you it could also be fear of separation with the isolation. Just my thoughts though.

I totally agree, I really wouldn't be too worried at all. All of the things that are positives about your daughter are in stark contrast to what you would expect of someone on the autistic spectrum.

Thanks ladies. She goes back to nursery Monday so I guess they will be monitoring her x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->