Nearly had a heart attack! Pet owners.

C

Ceejay123

I feel so guilty! Something awful could have happened :(

I didn't shut my LO's door properly yesterday afternoon... Didn't even think about it last night. Put little one to bed, gave him a kiss and came downstairs. He didn't wake until 6:40am today... Went into his room.. out strolls my cat!!!!

It's lucky she's a good cat, she just curled up on a pile of washing I'd put down in his room earlier as she's not too keen on him, he pokes her. :cry:

I feel so awful! No way I'll be making that mistake again. :dohh:

dont beat youself up about it, its an easy mistake to make.

Glad hes ok x

to be honest your lo is probably old enough to push the cat off if it started sleeping near his face.

dong beat yourself up :hug: xxx

aww honey don't feel bad :hugs: I know they say you shouldn't have cats in with kids, but that is quite recent, people had pets with their kids for years before enough incidents happened for them to even recommend you stop! (In fact one of my neighbours dog was literally like a nanny for the baby. He used to sleep under her crib and wake the mother up to feed her as soon as baby woke up and before she started crying. He also used to fetch the baby's things without being asked!)

I mean, if your cat was a vicious monster and it was a choice between it and baby I'm gussing you'd choose your child right? So... you've passed the good mummy test :) xx

Aw don't fret about it, our maine coon used to hide in Jacobs room around when Jake was 5-6 months old. We didn't realise until we went in to check on the baby to find Pangur strolling out as we opened the door. He still does it now (Jake's 2 now), he sits on the window seal watching over him! It's right to be cautious but I know for a fact our cat would never try to sleep on our son, he tries to keep a good distance from him at the best of times ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->