Need a fish pie recipe!

Jazzy-NICU

Reaction score
I'm trying to do a lot more homemade dinners so that my little boy can have a healthy balanced diet and I've got some ingredients to make a fish pie but I don't know how to make it ha!
The main thing is how do I cook the fish?
Thanks very much :)

I normally buy salmon, river cobbler (cheaper than haddock or cod) and prawns

I bake the salmon and river cobbler in th oven for about 15-20 mins, put fish on tin foil and add pepper.

OR you can cook the fish in milk, just depends

Whilst the fish is cooking I boil potatoes

Male white sauce - melt a large knob of butter, add about 2-3 heaped tablespoons of flour cook mixture on a low heat for a few minutes stirring occasionally. Take off the heat and add a little milk, whisk, put back on heat and wait to thicken. Once thickened add more milk and repeat until you have enough. Season with salt and pepper

Mash potatoes and add butter and milk to them

Take the fish out, should be cooked by then! Flake it, i normally just get a fork and mash it a little bit

Put the fish into a ovenproof dish, stir in the prawns (don't cook before hand), add the white sauce, enough so that the fish is coated and not dry you can add peas at this stage to the fish mixture or serve on the side

Top with mashed potato and a sprinkle of grated cheese, put i oven for 15-20 mins

:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"