Need a name for baby boy!

octoberbaby2

Reaction score
We still don't have a name for our baby! He is due in October..
I really like the name Hunter with the middle name James but im not sure if that's what I want to name him..

Looking for cute name suggestions please! :) Thanks!

I'm not sure Hunter and James go together. It seems a bit like Blaze Thomas or Gunnar John or Storm Ben...Smack-you-in-the-face first name with a really common wouldn't-bat-an-eyelid second name, making it look like you ran out of steam and inspiration.

Hunter needs something a bit less everyday, I think. Or James needs something more traditional...however you want to look at it!

I agree with pp hunter needs a less traditional middle name like hunter Quinn that's just an example lol, but I do like the name hunter..... Some others

Oakley
Ezra
Rex
Jax
Mylo

Boys names are so much harder to pick IMO because they don't jump out as "pretty names" like girls names if that makes sense!! Good luck picking :) x

I actually disagree with the above first of hunter James sounds great and second if you are using an unusual (or non traditional) first name your child should really have a more normal middle name so they have more options in life

example:

Rainbow Louisa Smith - offers her a normal (opt out of sounding like a mad hippy to strangers) middle name to put on things like CVs etc..

where as:

Rainbow Honey-blossom Smith - doesn't get that option in life

people can say it all they want and it maybe unfair but people (especially in a competitive job market) are based on presentation and your name is a huge part of that

not that I think hunter is that out there anyway (modern but not weird or crazy) but its nice to have the option of a traditional name to go with a more modern first name

James is a great one because it offers loads of options like Jamie, Jimmy, Jim, Jay etc....

I just think the contrast is jarring because it's so noticeable. I would never suggest a really outlandish middle name to go with it, but something a bit more on a level than James would work better I think. As you said, Hunter isn't really out there. Even Hunter Maxwell, Hunter Riley or Hunter Vincent...still normal, no CV worries, yet a bit more of a match with the names.

In your example Rainbow may have to entirely eliminate her first name. Hunter wont have that problem to contend with, so a bog-standard middle name isn't as much of a must.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->