Need a sling suggestion please!

aliss

Reaction score
I currently use an Evenflo Sway, which I *love* because I can throw it on while I walk the dog and it is the only thing that 100% guarantees to put my crying baby to sleep (fingers crossed I didn't jinx this)

BUT... it only goes up to 15lbs and my fat little muffin is pushing 13lbs at only 5 weeks.

I really need a good sling suggestion, one that makes it very "womb like" for the crying baby.

I don't care about price and I don't care how it looks, just need something like the womb and something fairly easy (or at least with really good clear video instructions). I had a hotsling but I couldn't figure it out :(

Thanks so much

This is the Sway I currently use:
https://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/03/28/84/16/0003288416269_215X215.jpg

I use a Freedom Sling ring sling - https://www.freedomslings.co.uk/ They're made by a lady who lives about 5 mins from me :rofl:

I liked mine when LO was tiny, put it away for a bit in favour of a Moby and then a Mei Tai, and have just brought it out again because my LO prefers a hip carry. I have the padded version, and I do really like it :)

Though annoyingly I am going to have to sell mine and buy a new one. I bought it when I was pregnant and got a larger size, just in case I didn't shift my baby weight! Problem is that now it's too big :blush: I have to pull it in as tight as it'll go, and the "tail" nearly hits the ground :haha:

Sorry, went a bit off-topic there :) Hope you find one that you get on with!

I use a Freedom Sling ring sling - https://www.freedomslings.co.uk/ They're made by a lady who lives about 5 mins from me :rofl:

I liked mine when LO was tiny, put it away for a bit in favour of a Moby and then a Mei Tai, and have just brought it out again because my LO prefers a hip carry. I have the padded version, and I do really like it :)

Though annoyingly I am going to have to sell mine and buy a new one. I bought it when I was pregnant and got a larger size, just in case I didn't shift my baby weight! Problem is that now it's too big :blush: I have to pull it in as tight as it'll go, and the "tail" nearly hits the ground :haha:

Sorry, went a bit off-topic there :) Hope you find one that you get on with!

I have these too! My linen ring sling and my fleece pouch were hers! She is great for advice too!

She also sells an American brand on her other website https://www.herbalbaybee.co.uk/page9.htm - called Slinglings, its a pouch that goes on in one go, no straps or adjustment.
I actually want one of these, I LOVE my fleece pouch, you can not get a more simple carrier, but it was too warm for summer, an although I love my ring sling, there is no getting away from the fact it does need adjustment.

On that link you can see the different positions, I think the second down on he right (a brown one) looks very comfy for a young baby)

Just noticed on the page about them it says 'Out of 500 slings in the U.S.A,these came out on top !' :thumbup:

I'd get a ring sling [have one] or a mei tai [want one] if I had to pick a sling. :)

I love my mei tai :D I have a close and a freedom pouch but not as keen on them xxx

I'd get an ergo baby, pricey but absolutely worth it, they are cocooned like they are still in the womb and you can do front, side and back carries with them. I absolutely love mine and the resale on them is really high.

I have a maya ring sling and a mamas and papas u.go. i prefer the maya at the moment as the u.go seems a bit thick for warm weather but it will be good for hip carrying later. The maya is unbelievably easy! x

I'd get an ergo baby, pricey but absolutely worth it, they are cocooned like they are still in the womb and you can do front, side and back carries with them. I absolutely love mine and the resale on them is really high.

I tried out a bunch today and ended up buying the ergo with infant carrier ($150, eek!) but it seems to be really great, I'm very happy.

Thanks everyone :) The ergo is sling #4 so I'm sure I'll get around to purchasing all of them :dohh:

I am looking a sling to breastfeed number 2 and I havnt got a clue theres so many, wanted it to kinda be a cover also. I seen one I liked on eastenders once but havnt been able to find one like that since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->