Need a weight loss buddy!

C

cheeselover

Well, I just viewed holiday photos and I am in utter bloody shock! A combination of giving up smoking 6 months ago and depression/emotional eating after mc 2 months ago... I now need to seriously lose some weight. We have been TTC this month but I realistically think I need to do this first. Anyone out there in same boat and wants to partner up for support? :hugs:

I'll be your weight loss buddy! I went on weight watchers and I've lost about 5.8 lbs so far :happydance:,....in 2 weeks!

lol, i was gonna suggest that one...good luck ladies !!!!!

Bloody hell that is brilliant! Go you! How did you do it? I live in China so WW meetings are out but would love to hear some tips... I am aiming for a stone before the summer holidays start then I ll see. I have weighed myself and will measure myself tomorrow when I find the tape measure. I was going to aim for some sort of exercise everyday to 'kickstart' it plus winter has just ended and I have been gagging to get outside, in the sun for ages. I went for 40 minute walk today...yah! What exercise do you do? I think that is going to be my major thing, actually getting off my bum and doing something! You can nag me if I don't!

Weight-watchers is the only diet for me! It works wonders every time and actually when you've done it a few times you're always working the points out in your head before you eat anything xD

Good luck!

When I weighed myself on wednesday(my weigh day) I had lost 2 lbs! Total of 7.8 lbs lost.

A few tips I have found so far:

1- Substitute fat with flavor, Mrs. Dash is awesome...
2- Eat smaller portions. One tip I read somewhere is when you go out to eat, put half of your meal in a to go container right when you get it. That way you have lunch for tomorrow.
3-Eat slowly, and savor every bite. Put your fork, or food, down between bites. I watched an episode of "I can make you thin" once and he said overweight(fat) people think of food all the time, except when they're eating it. After I heard that I realized it's so true!
4- When you feel hungry, have a glass of water and reevaluate. Some people think they're hungry sometimes, when they're really thirsty. Sometimes I'll feel hungry after I just ate, and I'll drink a glass of water and I feel full again.
5- Eat when you're hungry, stop when you're full.

I don't remember where I heard all of those. All I can say is I think they're genius:p ... Sometimes I don't follow all of those tips, but I'm working on it...
:hugs:

Also put meals on smaller plates as they smaller on bigger . I have big massive square plates so i really need new ones

drink lots of water - at least a litre during the day. i keep a big bottle with me at all times!!!

I'm on weight watchers too. I really think I need to lose some weight to make the whole thing easier....

I'm down 8.4 lbs total! I only lost .6 this last week because of going out to eat for mothers day twice, but I figure as long as it's going in the right direction I'm not going to stress.:happydance:

I'm down 8.4 lbs total! I only lost .6 this last week because of going out to eat for mothers day twice, but I figure as long as it's going in the right direction I'm not going to stress.:happydance:

twice? guess you are a mom twice ha ha.....be carefull not to keep that up or you will be eating thrice next year lol.....

I also seem to be getting fatter, my jeans are snugger this month (please be a :bfp:) but more likely that I have eaten really bad in the last week and been drinking.....:blush: not good

It once on my mom's side, and once on my dads side with my grandma,...:rofl:

Hi!

I would like to be a diet buddy please!

I started WW back in January and up til April I lost 29lbs....then I had a few difficult circumstances and have not been back. I havent weighed myself since but my size 16 jeans are starting to get tight around my belly so I need to loose more lbs. Plus I get married in Sept, start ttc in June so I would like to shed a few before then and get fitter!

I am lucky our wedding venue has given us 6 months free gym, classes and swimming so I have no excuse really except am lazy hehehe....
I can also keep check on my weight as OH bought a wii fit, scarey move lol...

Happy weight loss!!

Emma.xx

I'm a little disappointed in myself. I didn't lose anything last week. I think it's because I used all of my weekly flex points and my snacks have been mostly carbs...not really nutritious. Oh well I'll just try harder next week.

Infuriating...DH and I have been dieting together and walking at night. I am more strict than he is no mayo, no butter, no beer etc. (he has all these things) but on our big weigh in this morning I have lost 1.5kg and he has lost 4kg. I almost blew a blood vessel in the bathroom. Its just not fair!!!

Can I join in please? Just embarking on a diet today, I need to lose around a stone maybe two:blush: I used to be a size 12 (uk) and now am a 16 !! I am going to try and cut out alcohol, crisps, sweets and cakes and just basically try and eat healthy foods and be more active (sounds easy eh!!):rofl:

I'm in too. I have been lagging on the gym the past couple of weeks. I have lost 15lbs, and I have another 30ish to go...

Can I join in please? Just embarking on a diet today, I need to lose around a stone maybe two:blush: I used to be a size 12 (uk) and now am a 16 !! I am going to try and cut out alcohol, crisps, sweets and cakes and just basically try and eat healthy foods and be more active (sounds easy eh!!):rofl:

Sounds just like me 6 years ago when i met DH i was a UK Size 10 then gradually it went on now I'm a 16 and can't believe i've done this to myself.
I've cut out all the bad things you've mentioned isn't working. The only thing that seems to work for me is exercise, just need the motivation to get down the gym. Before i was pregnant i was doing really well, hadn't lost any weight but lost inches. Then i was exhausted whilst pregnant and didn't have the energy. Since miscarrying i don't really have the excuse any more for not going to the gym. Just need the kick up the rear end to get me to go again.
Good Luck everyone

I too could do with losing just a little, i avoid scales completely though!...and i should tone up quite a considerable amount... ive been cutting out sweet but naughty things since monday and im already majorly like craving for them!! havent 'cheated' myself yet but did over eat tonight!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->