Need advice about lump on my armpit

shirlls

Reaction score
I have a GP appointment first thing on Wednesday morning about this, but in the mean time I would like any advice/opinions from anyone on here with experience of this. I know only a doctor can tell me what's happening, I'd just like to hear experiences that's all, whether it was benign or otherwise.

On Friday night I found a tiny pea sized lump at the bottom of my left armpit. Obviously, the first thing that came into my head was 'is it cancer'. I know from online research over the weekend it could easily just be a swollen lymph gland or a benign cyst but until I hear from a doctor that it's nothing as you can imagine I am feeling rather unsettled about it. My aunt, who is my mum's sister, had breast cancer at 37 (I'm 36) so just can't relax at all until I see my doctor on Wednesday.

The lump is very small and I can't work out if it moves with the skin or not as it's hard to tell. it isn't sore at all, and is on the centre of the bottom of my arm pit. I have had the cold recently and been feeling run down so hopefully it is just down to infection.

I'd appreciate anyone's experiences?

I had the same sort of lump in the same place and it was nothing to be concerned about. It is still there but feels a little smaller. Hope your doc gives you the same answer!

:hugs: Like you said - only the doctor can tell you, but if it is any help - I get those All. The. Time. Usually when I don't get enough sleep/am fighting off a cold. Sometimes they hurt sometimes they don't....swollen lymph node is what dr says.

DH had one pop up a couple years ago and he was convinced it was something terrible, but it was just his body's way of fighting off an illness. Went away on its own.

I'm absolutely sure you're fine - that's a very glandular area. Could even be a blocked sweat gland or small abscess. Good to go to the doctor to ease your mind, though!!! :flower:

Could it be a bit of fatty tissue. I have these small hard lumps on my thigh. nothing to worry about just tissue.

Try not to worry too much and hope all goes well:hugs:

I went to the doctor once or twice as a teen with something like that. He said they were harmless cysts. I think he said something ab9ut not using deodorant for a bit to let it 'breath'. Apparently antiperspirant can cause cysts. I got them from time to time but to be honest didnt go to the doctor every time because they always cleared up on their own after a while. They were there a while then went away on their own. My last pregnancy I got one in my armpit again and it went away on its own after a couple of weeks. Felt just like a pea under the skin. It was slightly tender when I poked it but otherwise not sore. I had something similar on my leg in the begining of this pregnancy during the time I was really sick with HG. I asked a nurse about it who came to the house to give me an IV. He said it was probably just a cyst and to show a doctor if it didn't go away on its own in a week or so. It did go away. So in my case they have never been anything to worry about.

No expierence of them but just want say your doing the right thing by getting it checked I wish you well and hope it's nothing to be worried about:flower:

Worth a dr visit. I had a lump under my armpit when pregnant with DD and it was a swollen gland. Always get things checked though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->