need advice asap please help....

makeithappen

Reaction score
my 7 month old has diarrhea and has done for 3 days, im about to start to starve her for 24hr....which im dreading and also really worried because she wont take water :cry: what can i do???

please answer im at my wits end :cry: :wacko:

Google somethin called the brat diet, its foods that help when children have diarrhea. Id call nhs direct aswell hun. Hope she gets better soon xx

I dont think you should starve her hun sorry :nope:

I was going to say keep offering her plenty of water to keep her hydrated but dunno what to suggest if she wont drink it :shrug: I think maybe you should take her to the doctors xx

call NHS direct sweetie - they may recommend some rehydration liquid as its really hot and she will be needing fluid. Who has told you to starve her for 24 hours? I never did that when the boys had a bug I just gave them bland stuff that they fancied and didnt stop the milk either.

Its horrible though isnt it - big hugs

yep i agree dont starve her, its more old school remedy to starve them to clear it, when J has had diharrea the gp has told me to keep offering food and water to flush it out so to speak. I would contact nhs too as she may becme dehydrated in this weather kx

When my lo had it I just let it run it's course, she had no other symptoms and I kept feeding her as usual - she had it a week but I didn't bother with gp or nhs direct.

Don't starve her hun, then she'll just be hungry AND poorly. Call NHS Direct, diarrhea for 3 days in babies should be checked really x

Hi hun, my friends lo has had diarrhea for the last 5 days. She's taken her to the dr's and been given some re hydration stuff to give her. Her lo loves her food and has been off it. I'm not sure what she's like having water though.

Thanks everyone!

I rang out of hours doc and she agreed with you lot (you smart bunch of mummies) she told me to carry on giving her her formula as this is giving her fluids and nutrients!! so shes tucked up in bed alot happier after a nice big bottle!

Thanks girls :hugs:

Hi

My DD is just recovering from Rotavirus and had projectile vomiting and diarrhoea for 9 days. We carried on offering her food and milk but for 3 days she refused all solids herself. If your DD doesn't want food she'll reject it herself. I would also recommend buying some rehydration sachets that you mix with water from the pharmacy. We used "Dioralyte". DD wasn't keen and didn't take as much as she should have done but she drank some of it, which helps to replace salts etc which are lost when you have diarrhoea. Hope your daughter gets better soon.

i have offered her Dioralyte but she just point blank refuses :wacko: and shes a girl that knows what she wants lol!

Its awful when they're ill, this has been the week from hell!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->