Need advice but probably way too much info!

loribelle

Reaction score
Hi there from a long time lurker and very occasional poster!
DH and I are TTC No2. We have a gorgeous 9 month old. I've always had spotting before my period for approximately 3 days. My cycle varies but is usually around 24 days. Temping didn't work for me as I don't sleep well enough to get accurate readings. I usually get positive opk reading on day
This was our first month of TTC after DS. I started spotting on 9dpo, so I knew then that I was out for this month, and this continued until 12dpo when I thought my period had actually started. Too much info bit coming up! On 12dpo my bleeding was heavier and i filled a purple always pad over about 10hours so a reasonable amount of bleeding much like a period would have been before having DS. However overnight I bled extensively and leaked through the pad, my pants, the sheet, mattress protector and through to the mattress. Yesterday i was having to change a pad every 2 hours.
To be fair since having DS my periods have been much heavier with clots in them. So my questions are 1 which day would you call the first day of my period and 2 has anyone had very heavy periods since having a baby.
I rather foolishly googled it(along with shorter periods) and it suggested pre-
menopause as a cause which has totally freaked me out. DH wants to ban me from the internet!!
Does anyone have any advice or reassurance?
Lori x

The first day of red flow (not spotting) is cd 1. And since baby #1 isn't even a year its not uncommon to have heavier af. Your body is still trying to get back to normal and heal. It will even out. I think my doc told ms that it takes two years for your body to truly be healed after delivery. Nursing too plays with your hormones so that may too be an added reason.

Hi,

I can't tell you from personal experience but my mum had 8 kids (I know right!) and I know her period was ridiculously heavy after having all those kids! (Tmi..) but she used to have to change a super tampon and pad within an hour because it was that heavy she would have to wear both at the same time. It also had clots.. Unfortunately I don't think this goes away in every case as her last child was 4 years ago and she still experiences this.

She's had all blood tests and ultra sounds and is definitely NOT a sign of pre-menopause!! Just sometimes what happens I suppose when you have a few (or a lot!) of kids.

Hope this helps! And good luck! :)

Maybe your uterine lining has just been very thick?

My best friend recently mentioned that her first period after her new baby she bled really heavy which is unusual for her as she usual has light, short periods so it could be completely normal. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->