Need advice on how to stop weighing myself

starlight1

Reaction score
I have came obsessed with loosing weight I'm now 11kg below my goal weight. I weigh myself 3 times aday. An stop eating for the day if I'm over a certain weight. I've decided I'm only going to weigh myself once a week but need advice on how to do so I'm just scared I've put weight on al the time. Xx

Did you see my reply in your last thread? xx

Hi no I hadn't but have now thanks. I don't think I have a eating disorder. I had bulimia as a teenager and am over that. I'm happy with my weight I'm just really scared of putting it back on I want to be able to eat foods I enjoy but if I do I punish myself by not eating anything for the rest of the day and the same applies if I gain weight. I become happy with a weight but then of I loose somemore I don't want to go above that weight. Xx

First, it's TOTALLY normal to fluctuate daily... especially as a woman, I can weigh within 1-2 lbs difference on any given day!!! I'm usually within a lb- but certain weeks it can be more ;)

Knowing this- I know that if I'm within that weight, I'm good. "Maintaning" doesn't mean your going to weigh exaclty the same each day- or even IN the same day. In the morning you'll weigh less, at the end of the day you'll weigh more. I absolutaly understand wanting to stay within a range- I do. I didn't weigh myself for years- and I slowly gained weight not even truly realizing it- so now, I do weigh myself every few days (just to "maintain" and keep motivated to do so).

Try to remind yourself of all this-- you are MORE than a number... it's what you see and how you feel that is most important. Maybe put the scale away- and only allow youself to take it out on certain days of the week (and in the morning)- at the very least, only weigh yourself at the same time of day, otherwise, it's not a true reading.

Personally- I used the Loseit app to lose the extra weight, PLUS, being on maintenance mode now I can accurately watch what I eat. tbh- I don't trust myself otherwise. I'm also not 20 anymore- so I gain more easily- but the app just helps keep me honest. I can still eat what I want- but I have to remain in my caloric intake for the day- and if I workout, I can eat more- so I workout 5-6 days a week- not just to eat more, but to FEEL better and healthier overall.

It's a process- not an easy one- but you'll get there... I would suggest little steps, don't go overboard and stop weighing- but find ways to cut back, and in time, you'll get there :) Best of luck hun! And kudos for getting where you are in a healthy way- it's not easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->