need advice please

Reaction score
Hi, Im in need of some advice. I just found out my little boy is at high risk for delivering between 28 to 32 weeks due to all the complications ive been having. Ive already started having contractions and due to the fact that i have placenta previa, the doctor is trying to get me far enough in the pregnancy then deliver by c-section so i dont go into full blown labor. Can anyone tell me what to expect with a premature baby?

Hey all babies are soo different so couldnt really say, but can recommend the website Bliss - the premature baby charity. They have info on there site and you sometimes get a book from the hospital with lots of info and what to expect etc once you have had the baby. I know its a worrying time but take soliace that they have came along way regarding the treatment for premature babies and after 28 weeks you chances are very good!! Hope all is well and take care. xx

Hey hun sorry to hear about your complications :(
I could write a book on what it's like having a preemie in the hospital. the emotional ups and downs.. but it's so different for everyone. Every person handles these situations differently. There's been a few prems born on this forum you can always read through the threads. On page one I have a thread that started from when my girl was born at 24 weeks right until her discharge. Feel free to read through that one if you like!
I hope they can keep your LO in there as long as possible. The longer the better!!
I hope things work out for you hun. :hugs:

Thank you ladies! Im hoping he stays in there as long as possible. But I also know the risks with the other complications if he stays longer than he should. if that makes any sense. the doctor told me if i make it to 36 weeks he will deliver by c-section and i know if he makes it that far, he shouldnt have many complications at all, seeing how its so close to full term. But thank you all for you support.

The wellest wishes possible!
And premature babies have alot of help behind them in this day and age, so alth9ough you might have a little bit of a growing game with your LO, assuming there are no other complications, you will have them home sooner than you think.
Please, Keep us posted!

didnt want to read and run. my son Beau was born 9 weeks early and it is hard but being with your little bundle of joy will be the best and only thing that keeps you going, my son is nearly a year now and is massive so dont worry
hope all went ok xx

Just wanted to say that I've had two preemie babies and they are both healthy boys now. One is 3nhalf and the other just turned 1! Nowadays babies do so well with the help of doctors, nurses, family, and prayers. So days are good and bad. Its along road if you have to go down but you and your baby will get there.

With my first baby i just had preterm labor and we couldnt stop it and he came at 34weeks..which isnt bad at all! he was in the nicu for only 2weeks and came home doing well!:)

My second son I had a placenta preiva, preterm labor, and a medication i take is a class D and is bad for baby. Well i went to have an ultrasound and it showed no fluid was left. I went into preterm labor that evening and delieverd baby by a csection at 30weeks.
He did have alot of challenges to overcome and spent 6weeks in the NICU. He today is now just 1 and is a healthy little boy. Walking, playing nd doing all that he should. He's alittle on the small side but that doesnt hurt him one bit!

Good luck in your pregnancy journey and I know with all the complications that i had i am fearful for this time around. They are praying i get to at least 28weeks as well. I too have another previa and i've noticed if you follow all your restrictions it seems to be alittle better. I hope and pray that you dont have to have a preemie baby and can make it to 36weeks!:) But if you do....don't worry you and your baby will get through it! Take care and lots of hugs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->