Need advice

Tess08

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

Not really sure where i should be posting this but just need some helpful words really. Basically my partner and I are getting married next year and already have a 10 month DD. We wanted to wait to have another baby until after the wedding even though that would mean a little bit of a larger age gap between our kids than we originally hoped for.

I went back on BCP after I have my DD but I had some problems with bleeding so we decided together that I would come off of it and use natural family planning to prevent pregnancy for now. I was used to temping/OPKs etc from TTC before so I found this quite easy. I should have O'd last Saturday and I had pos OPKs leading up to it as normal but my partner and I were in bed sick all day last Saturday and I didn't even think of doing OPK at all as I was so sick. Anyway, this Saturday my partner and I had a night out and came home a little bit tipsy and DTD. My partner didn't pull out like he usually would but we thought we would be ok as I should have O'd a week earlier.

On Sunday morning I decided to do an OPK as I was getting little twinges in my stomach like I usually would during O time and to my absolute shock it was positive!!! I've googled it all day and it looks like my O could have been delayed due to me being unwell. At first I was worried but now that I'm thinking more about it I'm actually getting a little excited about the prospect of being pregnant again. I don't know if I am going to be disappointed when AF comes or not ... I'm really confused and haven't spoke to my partner about it yet as I don't know what to say!! I haven't even told him about the pos OPK.

Sorry this was so long but if any of you have been able to read it all and could offer your advice I would be very greatful x

If this happened to us i know my hubby would want to know. I assume that you oh is familiar with the fact that you temp etc. Maybe you could bring up the fact that having had a 'whoopsie' you're unsure what this month holds. At least that way you'd have some support and the outcome will then be something you can share and process together. I would definitely no go it alone though. Good luck

If this happened to us i know my hubby would want to know. I assume that you oh is familiar with the fact that you temp etc. Maybe you could bring up the fact that having had a 'whoopsie' you're unsure what this month holds. At least that way you'd have some support and the outcome will then be something you can share and process together. I would definitely no go it alone though. Good luck
Hi Aimee-Lou, thanks for replying to me. I definitely think your right and that I should tell him of what's happened. Yes he knows I temp etc because we decided together that I would start that again after I wanted to come off BCP because of my bleeds. The only thing putting me off telling him is that I don't want to worry him unnecessarily. I had a temp increase this morning so I think O day was yesterday which means we did BD right about the ideal time so I will need to tell him. Just not sure how to bring it up! X

I am sure he is aware of the risk you took already. He is probably wondering already (if he's like my hubby). Better to be open and deal with stuff together. I ov'd yesterday so have the same tww but hubby knows we are ntnp. He is relying on me to say when if we need to test etc. Maybe tell him when AF is due but give yourself a few days grace by saying its based on what you thought you'd over (i.e last week not this week) and then when you're 'late' you can test together?

I am sure he is aware of the risk you took already. He is probably wondering already (if he's like my hubby). Better to be open and deal with stuff together. I ov'd yesterday so have the same tww but hubby knows we are ntnp. He is relying on me to say when if we need to test etc. Maybe tell him when AF is due but give yourself a few days grace by saying its based on what you thought you'd over (i.e last week not this week) and then when you're 'late' you can test together?
My temp went back down this morning so looks like we don't need to worry after all! Seems like my body is having a real problem O'ing this month. Probably because I'm thinking about it too much. The thing is though, now that my temp has gone down again and I know that there's now no way that I could get pregnant from our little slip up at the weekend I'm actually feeling quite disappointed. My partner definitely doesn't want to try again until after we are married which I agree with because financially it wouldn't be the best idea when we have the wedding to pay for but my body obviously has other ideas with all these broody thoughts! It's like my heart is telling me one thing and my head another. I know there will always be time to have the family we want but I just wish I could turn off the baby thoughts for the time being. Looks like I have a looooooooong year of trying to ignore them ahead of me x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->