need advise re baby aspirin

DMS

Reaction score
hello all...
i have had two early MCs this year and ttc again. since my 2nd MC i have been having clots during my AF. i have not been tested for anything. i would like to be tested but the docs refuse. Anyway, i have been taking agnus castus, b-vitamins and folic acid. Since i get clots with my AFs and have had early MCs, i have a thought i might have a 'clotting' disorder which might be causing my MCs? and now im wondering whether i should buy myself baby aspirin for my next BFP?? Is this a good idea? has anyone tried it? Any Advice would be very welcome. Thank-Q :flower:

Hi DMS
I started taking low dose aspirin this month when I ovulated my gp doesnt know but from what I have read I am comfortable taking it. I was taking maca also aswell as pregnacare.
If you do take remember to take after food so you don't irritate your stomach.

Good luck and lots of baby dust x

Hi dms, yes I am doing the same thing. I have been taking it since ovulation and I am now 4 weeks pregnant. Fingers crossed that it helps.

thanks guys for responding. I wasnt so sure...with all the other medications im taking. I guess adding one more wont harm..im sure people already hear me rattle!

Hi DMS
I started taking low dose aspirin this month when I ovulated my gp doesnt know but from what I have read I am comfortable taking it. I was taking maca also aswell as pregnacare.

what's MACA? :blush:

Hi DMS

what's MACA? :blush:

If you google it Pickleton you'll get a better explantation than me but briefly its a natural Peruvian root that improves your libido, it's supposed to regulate your cycle and boost fertility, I had dh taking it this cycle too wether that helped me concieve?? :shrug: Also gives you energy, got mine from eBay £9 for 100 capsules 900mg and took twice a day.

Thanks for posting this question as I have been wondering the same thing. I'm still not sure if I should take it or not as I have had testing and all is normal.

MACA sounds very intersting, will have to look more into that.

Maybe I'm at bit late on this... but what does baby asprin do??

Low Dose Aspirin thins your blood, it's an anti-coagulent. It prevents clotting in your blood and keep the blood supply to your uterus nice and thin. Some people have clotting problems and don't know.

Some dr's prescribe it for pre-eclampsia.

Some people are sensitive to aspirin and can upset your stomach and gove you stomach ulcers if not taken after food.

Thanks for posting this question as I have been wondering the same thing. I'm still not sure if I should take it or not as I have had testing and all is normal.

MACA sounds very intersting, will have to look more into that.

no worries ncmommy... i think i will take it..once i get my BFP.

And another question...where did you guys buy your aspirin??

i am ttc any hints on how to boost my chances of carrying as i have lost so many and dnt want to lose again?

I got mine out of asda, you can also ask for in the pharmacy if it's not on the shelfs

thanks pickleton. So have you started to take it already? Or are you waiting for a bfp & then start? Want2beamum, have you had any tests done yet?

yh had them all dun in feb all came back fine n oh had test too which came bk fine just want a sticky bean xxxx

thanks pickleton. So have you started to take it already? Or are you waiting for a bfp & then start?

I'm going to wait for a BFP before I take it... Although some girls have started taking it at CD1. x

I started taking it after I had ovulated, I read somewhere not to take it before you ovulate :shrug:

I took it on cd1 after 2 m/c. Never heard about not taking it before u ov. I'm 24 weeks x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->