Need help between 2 names!

J_Lynn

My daughter, my miracle
Reaction score
My husband hated the names that I liked so I just told him to think of some he likes - I really honestly don't care what the baby is named so I didn't care what he picked. But, the two that I liked the most that he picked are:

Harper Grace
Allison Hope

I don't know which one we should go with, and neither does he. Soooo I am asking for opinions :) Which do y'all like more??

I loooove Harper. It's my baby's middle name :)

I prefer harper to allison, I find that a bit of an old sounding name altjough harper just reminds me of the beckhams xx

The beckhams? lol sorry, I don't know what that is

Oh wait, you mean that soccer player guy? Is one of his kids named Harper? If so....is it a boy or a girl?

Oh wait, you mean that soccer player guy? Is one of his kids named Harper? If so....is it a boy or a girl?

Yes David Beckham the footballer has a daughter called Harper. I think its a beautiful name :) xx

Allison Hope 100%

I personally hate both Harper and Grace lol

Harper Grace definitely. Allison is mainly a middle aged name in the UK though.

I think people sometimes forget that babies grow and it may be an old sounding name but eventually your daughter will be Middle Aged , an associate named her daughter something that Im afraid won't be fitting for her adult life but hey , I like grace not too sure on the Harper

I think people sometimes forget that babies grow and it may be an old sounding name but eventually your daughter will be Middle Aged , an associate named her daughter something that Im afraid won't be fitting for her adult life but hey , I like grace not too sure on the Harper

That is exactly what my issue is with that name .... I keep thinking, "Is she really going to be taken serious at 30 with business cards saying 'Harper Grace Harrison'?"

That's why I prefer Allison Hope, or even Allison Grace (it was my godmothers middle name, so I like Grace - I know it's a very old name though, so I won't be upset if we decide to keep Hope) because Allison can be used in a more professional setting without the stigma of having a less than common and much less traditional name. And I seriously know of 5 other people with the name Harper.

Ahhh but my husband is stuck on that name and Itold him I wasn't going to voice my opinion on here about which name I liked more so that he didn't think the answers were tilted in my favor LOL

Thank you so much ladies for your answers :) :) :)

I love the name Harper. I'm not a huge fan of Allison but I love the nickname Ali!

That is exactly what my issue is with that name .... I keep thinking, "Is she really going to be taken serious at 30 with business cards saying 'Harper Grace Harrison'?"

That's why I prefer Allison Hope, or even Allison Grace (it was my godmothers middle name, so I like Grace - I know it's a very old name though, so I won't be upset if we decide to keep Hope) because Allison can be used in a more professional setting without the stigma of having a less than common and much less traditional name. And I seriously know of 5 other people with the name Harper.

Ahhh but my husband is stuck on that name and Itold him I wasn't going to voice my opinion on here about which name I liked more so that he didn't think the answers were tilted in my favor LOL

Thank you so much ladies for your answers :) :) :)

I think she would be taken seriously, i can imagine an adult Harper and even an old lady Harper. Its not like its a cutesy name like Honey Boo or Daisy Blossom. Imagine...."Dr Harper Harrison", it works!

Why not Harper Allison or Allison Harper?

I prefer Harper to Allison, but with the surname Harrison I'm honestly not sure either of them "fit"...Harper Harrison is too much of a "Har-" similarity and Allison Harrison is too much of a "-ison" similarity as well as the "ll" and the "rr".

I'm sorry if this puts you off, but just want to point out my thoughts on it.

To answer your question though, I don't see why Harper wouldn't age well. It's not nearly as odd as seeing an adult Molly or Blue Ivy, etc.

I do think the full name Allison Harper Harrison flows super nicely though, as well as Harper Grace Harrison.

Tough call. Good luck!!

Hubby ended up picking Allison Hope, even after I showed him majority liked Harper -- the reason being, I believe, is that his cousin is naming her daughter Harper and she's just a couple weeks behind us .... So that was out.

Thankfully Allison isn't an older name here in the US, or it would have definitely been off the table from the get go. I love older ladies don't get me wrong but I don't want my daughter named Gertrude or anything THAT old fashioned hahah

We finally have a name and I am soooooooooooooooooo happy. I feel so happy I can finally stop calling the baby "baby girl" lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->