Need help id'ing anovulatory cycle?

rickyandlucy

Reaction score
I need help trying to figure out if I am experiencing an anovulatory cycle, just plain spotting, or implantation bleeding. I don't think it is implantation bleeding, but at this point I am not ruling anything out. I use Natural Cycles to track my cycle and it has not id'ed an O day this month. I have not had a noticable temp shift. I started bleeding on Wednesday, but it is not the same as my period, very inconsistent. I can go the whole night with no bleeding, and then randomly during the day will get heavier. LH tests keep coming back negative. I plan to do another one today, and perhaps even a pregnancy test for the sake of being thorough, although again I think that scenario is prob least likely, although it would be ok by me.

We aren't necessarily TTC, but we have both been kind of hoping it might just happen on its own. I know I have an irregular cycle already, making this all the more confusing. I have attached my chart going back 3 months. Can anyone help me? At what point do I just decide that the bleeding is because of an anovulatory cycle and start a new cycle?

Attachments

• ttc.jpg
    ttc.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 4
Hiya rickyandlucy!

Hang in there, you're not alone.

My SO and I are also just hoping it might happen on its own, and my periods are usually VERY irregular. So basically I have no idea when I might ovulate.

Add to that that I have been on the pill for the last 10 years, and just come off it a month ago (Cerazette was the last one I took, for 5 months and it was horrible) - my hormones need time to settle down and it is making everything so much more complicated, just like you said.

I don't have any advice for you, I'm afraid. But I am sending you a big hug of support, I hope at least it helps to know you're not alone on this journey :)

Xx

Bumping this thread because it looks like I am having my second anovulatory cycle in a row. Although this time, no period. Attached my 3 cycle chart, can anyone help? I am currently on CD48. Is it time to see my doctor? Other than the highly irregular cycles and anovulatory cycles, I don't seem to have the symptoms of PCOS, but I am getting really worried. :shrug:

Attachments

• rickyandlucy.jpg
    rickyandlucy.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 3
Were you on any type of birth control previously? Like the birth control pill, because that can definitely mess up cycles for awhile.

Were you on any type of birth control previously? Like the birth control pill, because that can definitely mess up cycles for awhile.

I have been off BC for over a year. Have had plenty of normal cycles since then. I am now on CD 55, but no period and no BFP. I took a pregnancy test yesterday and a few days before that. Natural Cycles now thinks I O'ed on CD25, but my temp only rose for a day. It did not stay elevated like past O's. My temp has also spiked twice since then; CDs 42 & 50, but only for a day; again they did not stay elevated.

Attached updated chart. Can anyone make anything of this? I am getting really confused, discouraged, frustrated.

Attachments

• NC.jpg
    NC.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 3
Are you still having periods? Perhaps this is just one really long cycle and you haven't ovulated yet. Trust me this is coming from someone who has had extremely long erratic cycles in the past (90 days).

Yea it sounds to me like you are having one really long cycle. About 6 years ago for 2 years straight my cycles came 4 times a year or every 90 days and this is without birth control. My hormones were just so out of wack from the one time I did use birth control for about a month or 2 that i began to have extremely long irregular periods.

1st they started coming every 60 days then eventually spread to every 90. If you see some of my old BBT charts you'll probably gasp. Now been able to re-regulate my periods back to my normal cycle of 34 days but I feel your pain as those were tough times. :flower:

Thank you for the support, it really does help! One other possible symptom I have been seeing the last 1-2 weeks is my face is really breaking out. Like the big painful gross looking ones. My face is normally pretty clear aside from the occasional bump around the time of my period. Not sure if it means anything, but it is definitely different for me. I did go to the doc last week. She plans to try me on clomid. She took blood and is having me go back for an ultrasound next week.

So the doc just called, they got my bloodwork back and my prolactin was a bit high. They are having me come back in tomorrow to retest. What would that mean?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->