need help pls

jdae285

Reaction score
Hi all,

This is my first post here and I really need your help pls. I have a 2 month old little girl and she is exclusively breastfed except for the first few days when i had to give her hypoallergenic formula (gave her HA cause my son has a dairy and soy allergy) cause I had some problems with breastfeeding but only bf since then. Now I've been on a dairy soy and nut free diet since 20 weeks pregnant but she still has mucusy and bloody stools sometimes so about 5 weeks ago I cut out eggs as well, she's improved a bit but she still has blood and mucus on occasions.

Now my gastroenterologist told me that we'll probably have to put her on neocate but I really want to keep breastfeeding her as long as possible, I'd rather do some sacrifices myself them give her a synthetic formula (I breastfed my son till 22 mts and only stopped cause I fell pregnant). I was thinking o going on a natural diet I.e. fruits, veg and meat only so cut out wheat and everything but the ped told me that it won't help :( any advice pls????

Thanks ladies

Sorry I have no idea but didn't want to read and run. I'm sure somebody on here will have some help for you. What a difficult time you are having so sorry to hear.

She might have a true lactose intolerance, although it's rare in young babies. If that's the case then breastfeeding will be impossible since there's lactose in breastmilk...But it could be something else that can be easily fixed:hugs:

Even though the pedi said a natural diet won't help I would say give it a try and see if it does help. Then at least you will know that you tried everything that you could to be able to BF. I think if you don't at least try you will always wonder if it would have helped or not.

Even though I'm vegan we had this problem with my youngest, I rarely eat soya as it doesn't agree with me and I am dairy and egg free due to being vegan. It took a lot of tracking what I eat but the two big culprits turned out to be corn and citrus fruits in his case. I eliminated them completely at first but found by 4-5 months old he started to be ok if I had small amounts of either. My family doctor was a paediatrician in the past and she said even if you can't eliminate everything that causes blood and mucus in the stool, if it only happens occasionally it is far better to continue breastfeeding than go to a hypoallergenic formula, because breastfeeding has so many health benefits such as less chance of long term allergies and the like also there is no evidence that occasional blood or mucus in the stool is harmful. A lot of babies start to outgrow such intolerances at around 5-8 months so it's highly plausible that things will improve considerably very soon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->