Need help with Nursery

babydust92

Reaction score
This probably seems like a silly post on here but I'm not sure where else to ask. So I'm currently painting my daughter's room and once it's finished we'll be looking into curtains etc. The problem is... The window is quite small. When I measured it was 28" wide and about 28-30" long. I've looked online and the smallest I can find width wise is around 47". It's no good. There was one website where you can put the measurements in but that came to £60 and for our household it's just too much for one set of curtains.

Does anybody know any places that can help me? We really need curtains because the blinds do nothing to block the sun and it's going to be annoying when summer comes next year.

I am sure you have but have you checked on Amazon?

Can you get custom fit curtains? I'm unsure on where to go from there as mine are all pretty standard, but Google could point you in the right direction? I know you said about blinds but what about a small blackout blind? Their much cheaper and you can get them to fit even small bathroom windows

If you don't mind "wasting" the fabric you can always do what I did for my tiny kitchen window and cut a larger curtain down to the right size. Or you can make your own, just buy some fabric and either sew or glue a loop at the top for the pole to go through. I don't have a sewing machine, and I was not about to hand sew large curtains for my living room, so I got some fabric from Walmart and folded the top over and hot glued it, I just used a piece of chalk to draw a line to make sure it was straight. Then I stuck the curtain rod through it and ta-da, new curtains that I only had to spend about $5 on. If you do it that way then you can find cute patterns too, since fabric departments usually have a larger variety of designs than normal pre-made curtains do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->