need help

Reena123

Reaction score
i never had a regular periods as I have PCOS.

On 25th April, i discovered iw as preganant. I was 5 weeks then according to transvaginal ultrasound. No node seen. only a gestational sac. On 2nd May, i went for another ultrasound for heart beat. i got the heartbeat. The CRL was 5.1 mm and they dated my conception date as 4th April. COnsidering everything the conception date comes to 4th April. But i am worried as it shouldnt be 27th March (i had a one night stand). I am worried because i never had regular period. last LMP was 8th Feb. i am considering it as it is absolutely non reliable.

SInce 20th March, i have been having regular sex with my husband. even on 3rd April/5th April/6th April.. and so on.

I am worried if the baby is from 27th March encounter. All my ultrasound reports show 4th as conception date. Are they accurate?

ultrasound is the best way to date a pregnancy, so i'd go along with that x

Even with ultrasound any date they give is a guess. The problem is sperm survives inside us for days, and they say that the sperm has to been in the uterus for 8 hours before it can fertilize an egg.

I would get a paternity test, which can be done while pregnant or when the baby comes, it's the only way to be 100% certain. Also, it wouldn't be fair to your husband to have him raise another man's child without him knowing.

Since you've had sex with two different men in such little time, the only way your going to know who's baby it is, would be to do a DNA test, I'd advise you do this ASAP, either way this baby needs to know who his/her daddy is, and your husband needs the truth too.

Wishing you the best of luck. :flower:

Scans go off babies size so they are pretty accurate on dates. Does your husband no about this one night stand? X

You had a one night stand while married? Apologise if i read that wrong.

Ohh my. It could be from either as sperms lives for days inside you. Did you not use a condom with this one night stand person? I would definitely agree with a paternity test, your husband deserves to know if this baby is really his or not. Wow, um, good luck with this.

Equally embarrasing for me to face you all here. I feel pathetic. One mistake in my life and it has ruined evrything. DNA- i heard is not safe for the unborn baby.

There is a gap of 9 days-My calcculated conception date ( this comes out to be with mu husband) & my one night stand. One night stand was safe as he didnt ejaculate in me. But still thats 0.1% chance is bothering me.

I understand i have made a mistake but please please please dont judge me here.

I am posting my calculations here below again

LMP- unknown as i have PCOS
25th april- first transvaginal ultrasound and i was 5 weeks then.
2nd may- heartbeT came. By CRL was 5.1 mm and they dated me as 6w1d pregnant
All this calculate to 4th april as conception date. And i had sex with my husband on 1/2/3 april.
Can someone help me calculate again plz.

I would go by the ultrasound since they're dating you by that and not by your LMP. Though, as others said, you may not be able to know for sure unless you did a DNA test after the baby is born. I do think I would trust the ultrasound, though.

With such a small gap, I wouldnt trust an ultrasound, there is still a chance it can be out.

The gap between both men is just too small to no I'm afraid, sperm can live up to 7 days sometimes, the only real way to know is a DNA test. X

Calculations won't help you. The time between your two men makes it possible that either could be the father of that baby. He didnt ejaculate inside, does that mean you didnt use a condom? Even if this other dude withdrew and didnt ejaculate inside there is such a thing as "precum" which they can not control, which is why it's not an effective method of birth control/ std protection. You need a dna test. And they can do that while your pregnant as far as I know with no harm at all. Call your ob and discuss what situation you are in. The doctor would know a whole lot more than anyone on this forum!?

Equally embarrasing for me to face you all here. I feel pathetic. One mistake in my life and it has ruined evrything. DNA- i heard is not safe for the unborn baby.

There is a gap of 9 days-My calcculated conception date ( this comes out to be with mu husband) & my one night stand. One night stand was safe as he didnt ejaculate in me. But still thats 0.1% chance is bothering me.

All this calculate to 4th april as conception date. And i had sex with my husband on 1/2/3 april.

hi u said 25th april 5weeks preg tht means from lmp meaning its 20/21 march as you were 6+1 week later. So roughly 14days laters conception.3/4 march but sperm can stay alive for 5days post sex. I dnt know as your one nighter didnt ejac but could have pre cumed( dunno if tht means anything). Does this help

It must be scary to be in your situation. And I'm sorry that you feel judged. This forum is for people who need support from others. And even though some here don't agree with what happened in your situation you shouldn't be judged. No one but you knows what your daily life is like or the circumstances either.
I can tell you that even ultrasounds can't predict conception with 100% accuracy. I DTD with my husband to be 27th, 28th and 29th of march. And the due date based on a six week ultrasound would have put me at conception on march 30th- April 7th and that my last period was march 20th which was wrong. I know for a fact it was 13th of march. I'm sorry but I don't think there is really any way of calculating to see which of the men is the father, the only way to be 100% is dna testing. I pray that you can come to terms with your situation and that you and your husband can work this out. I know it would be exremly hard for me to forgive my soon to be husband if he was to have sex with someone else. Hurt beyond words. It may be a good thing to have a counselor involved when you tell him , if thats what you decide to do. I'm sure you already know the importance of std testing for both of you. I hope you work this out soon so you can focus on your baby :flower:

OK.. this is complicated! don't worry no judging here. I am someone who was not at all faithful in my first marriage.

Look there is a chance it was the guy from the one night stand. Him pulling out means nothing, they release sperm all through intercourse (just volume is not as high) I also have PCOS and dating my conception was hard. But I didn't really care as I know who the father is. However when I did look at it, after my dating scan at 5 weeks I looked back in my calendar and we only had sex two days before 'conception' date and then not again for a week after (I had the flu). So! The sperm lasted that long! Sorry to tell you that. But it is possible.

If I were in your shoes, knowing what I know now, after going through a horrible divorce with my ex just cause I couldnt tell him the truth, I would talk to you're husband about it. Perhaps get a DNA test done after the baby is born?

Best of luck and congratulations on your pregnancy, it can be so very hard for people with PCOS to have babies naturally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->