Need insight on vacuoles in embryos

HisSweetheart

Reaction score
Hello,

I just had my ER of 1st IVF cycle on 13th Dec. Retrieved 8 eggs, all mature, 3 fertilized through conventional IVF, 2 8-cell embies with 0% fragmentation frozen on day 3. ET was not done bcoz my lining was pathetic. Now waiting for FET this cycle or next, which ever my RE feels is right.

When I got the ER report I noticed the oocyte quality as "SER". I discussed with my embryologist and she told me that if SER is found in even one egg, its probable that all of them in that retrieval (cohort) have atleast some amount of SER, so this IVF cycle is infact an SER+ cycle. Moreover, she told me one more disappointing thing that though both embies were 8-celled and didn't have any fragmentation, they were uneven sized cells with vacuoles. Inspite of all these findings, the embies were graded "B" ("A" being the "best" in my clinic), and both my RE and embryologist called them "good" :wacko: God knows how!!! I will be asking the extent of these findings(unevenness/vacuoles) in my next visit so that I can relate to the logic of grade "B".

I'm just banking on these frosties, which have made it this far inspite of SER/vacuoles, and my stage 4 endo.

I've done a ton of research on SER and vacuoles over the net, and got only mixed opinionated research papers to see.
Anyone who wants to know more about these SER and vacuole stuff can ask me, anytime, ready to share the encouraging stuff whatever I've known till now.

Meanwhile, can any of you who've been through this wretched vacuolated /SER+ cycle resulting in successful pregnancies share your 2 cents?... That would be making me feel so much more positive...

Thanks in advance... :dust:

I'm sorry that I cannot help with your specific questions, but I have heard many stories of the second rate embies resulting in perfect babies. My DS was my third transfer, so one of my last two frozen embryos. My embryologist must've thought they were the worst looking two of the bunch. I also have another friend who is receiving donated embryos and was advised by her RE to not pick the top graded ones.

Anyway, good luck to you!!!

Oh thanks for those kind words!!... just hoping things work out!...
If you dont mind, can you tell what grade ur embies were?..

Oh thanks for those kind words!!... just hoping things work out!...
If you dont mind, can you tell what grade ur embies were?..

I don't remember what the scale was, but the embies that failed were the highest grade and my DS was the second grade.

I was just diagnosed with this same issue after IVF #1. I would love to know anything and everything you know about this condition. I see that you are expecting now, was this a result of your frozen embies? I am new to this community and just set up an account in order to be able to contact you. :) From what I can tell this condition is pretty rare and I cannot find a whole lot of info on it, and what I can find contradicts itself a lot. One article says there is no difference, others say there is a huge difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->