Need nursery/ boy bedroom ideas- update it's finished!

We have an ark theme...
Photos in this thread.

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/waiting-to-try/2137179-keeping-busy-baby-hope-chest-2.html

Xx

It's so beautiful! And I love the room itself with the sloped ceiling and teeny window, it's like he's living in his own gingerbread house!

Agreed! I want to see more pics of the room, pleeeeease??

Here's a link to DS2 room:
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-second-trimester/993363-our-mickey-friends-nursery.html

DS1 has a Dr Seuss themed room, with different characters from various books on the wall. It's also very colorful, but I don't think I have any pics on here to post. If I remember later I will look for some.

Other themes:
Nautical, Sports, Jungle Animals, Jungle Book, Underwater theme with different fish, etc on the walls, there are so many. You can pick about any Disney theme and there are wall stickers online if you search for them. Or any theme really, lol. I used wall stickers in both boys rooms, and just painted the backgrounds to go with them

I loveloveloveLOVE the mamas and papas timbuktales set... if it hadn't been SO expensive, we'd be basing our (girls) nursery around that - very unisex!

Lots of lucky kiddos in these gorgeous rooms! Raspberry i am not handy with a sewing machine (yet) so can't make my own things but I love how unique his room is

I love green, I got a bit sick of blue after DS1 had a blue nursery and I've been actively avoiding it ever since. DS1 has a dinosaur themed room but what I did was buy "plain" things from Next, so he has blue curtains (I now realise I said I was avoiding it but it's a dark blue lol) with a lovely green, red and blue rug and then he has ikea expedit shelving with coloured boxes, then he has dinosaur bedding and wall stickers. I figured it would be easy to mix it up of he got fed up of dinosaurs of if/when the boys share (we can't decorate).

Then DS2 has a neutral nursery set from Next which is cartoon woodland characters, beautiful colours lots of orange and a kind of bold but baby green, the characters are owls, birds and hedgehogs.

Edit: just seen you've found a theme, that's lovely I really like that, we're not allowed boats with DH being RAF, I wasn't even allowed to get a sailor suit for DS2's christening :haha:

I always assumed you were called marine wag because your hubby was a marine!

Mother in law helped me a lot with that, she painted the canvas.
There isn't a lot more to the room and it isn't even finishedyet.
We a very lucky to live in a teeny tiny cottage, I painted the window etc when I was full term :crazy:
Xx

I rent so I couldn't paint, but I've taken up using wall decals. Loved doing our monkey/ jungle theme

https://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u138/mourningsong/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsc77fa24e.jpg

https://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u138/mourningsong/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps4cd6ed23.jpg

Our LO has a superhero bedroom will upload pics when my phones finished charging

I love green, I got a bit sick of blue after DS1 had a blue nursery and I've been actively avoiding it ever since. DS1 has a dinosaur themed room but what I did was buy "plain" things from Next, so he has blue curtains (I now realise I said I was avoiding it but it's a dark blue lol) with a lovely green, red and blue rug and then he has ikea expedit shelving with coloured boxes, then he has dinosaur bedding and wall stickers. I figured it would be easy to mix it up of he got fed up of dinosaurs of if/when the boys share (we can't decorate).

Then DS2 has a neutral nursery set from Next which is cartoon woodland characters, beautiful colours lots of orange and a kind of bold but baby green, the characters are owls, birds and hedgehogs.

Edit: just seen you've found a theme, that's lovely I really like that, we're not allowed boats with DH being RAF, I wasn't even allowed to get a sailor suit for DS2's christening :haha:

I always assumed you were called marine wag because your hubby was a marine!

No my name is after my boyfriend ;) hubby used to be in the marines but changed to the RAF after I set my name and couldn't change it again as I had once, harder to change a user name than it is a career in the military :haha:

We have this wall art & doing all the walls in magnolia :) x

Attachments

• wallart.jpg
    wallart.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 3
I found really cute bedding from glodi.eu and bought bedding with baldachin, made baby´s room instantly adorable.

We went for a fish/sea theme. My mom made the height chart,bedding, curtains, and the lampshade and my cousin painted the fish pictures. The walls are greenish/blue. Sorry if it is picture overload.

68382_4675569923650_49931116_n.jpg

67674_4675567683594_131456738_n.jpg

399257_4675567403587_127603480_n.jpg

67874_4675567123580_672803350_n.jpg

189837_4675566523565_104925562_n.jpg

18288_4675565203532_1639962215_n.jpg

73261_4675564723520_701902435_n.jpg

68315_4675559843398_685733095_n.jpg

I've finally finished it! Here's some photos incase anyone wanted a nosy! I'm very proud of it as it needed plastering and I pretty much decorated it by myself.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 37
Having trouble uploading more than one!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 21
They're the wrong way round aren't they :dohh::dohh: and my photography is bad enough!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 23
I tried to put him down in it and he screamed! He is now back with us. Ha ha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member