Need potty training advice please!!!!

preggo w/# 2

Mother of one preggo w/#2
Reaction score
Hi my name is Jess i have a 6 year old daughter named Kirsten and i am 14 weeks pregnant!! My 6 year old was potty trained when she was 2 but then about a year later she got a kidney infection and since has had a lot of UTI's! But since then she stopped using the potty like she was supposed to. The docters have ruled out any medical reason for this! I have tried everything to retrain her! I have used rewards, charts, punishments, i have even tried bribing her! I thought that me being pregnant where she is excited that it would help by her wanting to be the big sister!! But even that has'nt helped she even does this at school and shes in 1st grade!! I am at my wits end any advice on what else i could do would be greatly appreciated thank you!!:dohh:

Oh honey, if she was younger I'd say don't worry about it as they will come around. But at 6, I don't know what to suggest.

Hope someone may have a suggestion for you. :hugs:

Sorry hun ive know ideas either ..... it sounds like youve tried everything.
The only thing you haven't tried maybe is ignoring it completely for a bit, maybe its for attention etc.
Sorry i cant be more help hun, hope you get it sorted soon xxxxx

Yeah i was going to say the ignoring it to.
My daughter has started wetting the bed after a year and a half of being dry...i started to worry but now, if she does it, i get her up, change her pjs and put her in the spare bed. It doesnt happen too often now. :)

Also...could you try asking her why she does it? Is she worried or anxious about going to the toilet as it stings and then when she HAS to go, she cant hold it long enough to go to the loo?

I've a son who's 9 now; we had a hard time when he changed and started a new school. He had been toilet trained for years and well you can guess the rest.

We ended up talking to school and it turned out after some investigations that he was being bullied by some of the older kids (he had a speach delay, kids don't like things that are different.)

Once school took the bullies in hand the toilet problem stopped; only raising it's head when similar happened the following year. (new kids at the school, same issues..)

I'm not saying that bullying is the prob, but I'd certainly look outside the box.. Hope this helps..

I would say that often when an older child wets the bed it can be due to stress due to a move, school, etc. I agree that perhaps investigating if this is the case for her :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->