Need some advice... Hope this doesn't sound too silly...

Angelbabymama

Mama to Kashi & #2 on way
Reaction score
I'm known to take really hot baths but I've read that it's not good to do so during the first trimester. But I've read elsewhere that it's ok? Anyway, I'm currently lying in a tub of lukewarm water and it's not very nice.. But rather be safe than sorry. What I'm really trying to ask is, is it safe to take hot baths or am I better off sticking to lukewarm?
Thanks in advance,
Lola Sophia xxx

some people say its not a good idea but i cant have a warm bath mine does have to be on the hotter side, as long as its not hot to the point it makes you look like a lobster you should be ok :)

Luke warm is what I was told by the Doctor but I haven't had one yet for fear of doing some damage!
It's a mental thing for me though cos I was having warm baths and I suffered a mmc but like I said that's just me!

Claire xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you both, I think I'm going to stick with luke warm.. Don't want to do anything that could be harmful xx

Better safe than sorry. You're not supposed to let your body get above 102 degrees, and if you have a fever of 101, it's straight to the ER with ya!
I was recently watching some videos on YouTube of ultrasounds, and during one, a woman was asking her doctor questions. (The doctor, not the tech.) They had a vacation planned to go to the hot springs, and the doctor said the temp was around 100 degrees, and that was fine for a dip of about five minutes...but that she can't lounge in there forever.

Ive heard that it's okay if you test it with your elbow and as long as your skin doesnt turn red your fine..and then I hear a bath is fine as long as its not scalding.

I had the same exact question--I've been sneaking warmer bath's but only in it for a few minutes..I love my baths.

I've been wanting to know the same thing! I've been filling the tub about 2 inches with hot water-- so that it doesn't even cover my legs, and then taking a seated shower in the tub (detachable shower head). I'm too scared to take a hot bath, but I can't see the point in a luke warm one.

A warm bath is fine, it doesn't have to be lukewarm. If you can't get into it and sit down straight away and have to lower yourself into it inch by inch then it is too hot. but pleasantly warm is absolutely fine. You will not boil the baby in a normal heat bath.

I have a hot bath nearly every night. Not to the point where I have to ease myself in but they are hot, not lukewarm. I personally dont believe for one minute it can cause any harm but understand others wanting to be cautious if they are worried.

Hi, sneaking from the third tri :o) a hot bath is fine as long as its not so hot you struggle to get in! The reason you gave to be careful with hot baths is they can leave you feeling faint and breathless...this been the reason they're not recommended. Also in later pregnancy as your baby gets heavier if you lye in your back in a hot bath not only can it leave you breathless but also baby may be Kay on your sciatic nerve which can limit blood flow. So, keep enjoying your baths! They're good for you to de-stress and bumps love chilling too :o)

Thank you all so much, will be brave and go slightly warmer I think.. Not too much though lol :D hope you're all well,
Lola xxx

I take pretty warm baths, def not as hot as I normally would (i.e im not all red when I get out) But I still take hotter than luke warm baths. I just make sure the leave my arms and legs out. It helps to regulate my temp. I was scared to but with the sick feeling I have been having I have found it so comforting and relaxing. I just make sure not to stay in for to long also:) Hope this helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->